Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2010, 08:53 AM

1 posts, read 2,348 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My wife and I have recently (well almost) closed on our house and cannot find a contact for the HOA in our neighborhood. We have tried everything (other realtors, googling) and cannot locate a name or phone number to show we are current on our dues before we close.

If anyone knows this information, we would be so grateful if you could contact us. We are supposed to close this Monday, so are under a time crunch.

Thank you so much to anyone who can help.

Ryan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 09:22 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,254,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rytcouch View Post
Hi,

My wife and I have recently (well almost) closed on our house and cannot find a contact for the HOA in our neighborhood. We have tried everything (other realtors, googling) and cannot locate a name or phone number to show we are current on our dues before we close.

If anyone knows this information, we would be so grateful if you could contact us. We are supposed to close this Monday, so are under a time crunch.

Thank you so much to anyone who can help.

Ryan
Your MLS sheet shows Omega.

919-461-0102.

Has it changed?

Vicki

Old 11-24-2010, 09:34 AM

43,315 posts, read 77,154,614 times
Vicki,

I get these contacts about Evergreen HOA a few times a year from my blog, when someone doesn't know the Evergreen HOA contact.
Two or three times it has been the closing attorney or his office.
I have spent hours on trying to run them down. For other folks' clients.

There are two HOA's. PUOA is Omega-managed.

Evergreen has an HOA, and typically collection is handled by a neighbor. The neighbors burn out and drop off the radar, or never know who took their place.
One attorney called the last active number last year. A woman answered and before he could get his whole question out, she said, "I don't do that anymore," and hung up on him.

Cancelled checks just say "Evergreen HOA" on the back.

Talk about an inactive HOA...
Definitely under the radar.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:07 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,254,457 times
Interesting. So the question is...which neighbor is handing the HOA? I would have thought the listing agent would have gotten that information! It may come down to knocking on doors and asking the neighbors, in order to get that information.

I think this is the listing agent's responsibility and if she won't do it, I'd hope the OP's agent would offer. If not, guess who is going to be doing it?!! I don't think the attorney is going to offer!

Vicki

Vicki

Old 11-30-2010, 02:42 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,946,740 times
I know you have your contact info. I'm wondering if you'd searched the corporate records with the NC Secretary of State's office. A search for "Evergreen Homeowners Assocation" turned up:

North Carolina Secretary of State

Old 11-30-2010, 04:14 PM

43,315 posts, read 77,154,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
I know you have your contact info. I'm wondering if you'd searched the corporate records with the NC Secretary of State's office. A search for "Evergreen Homeowners Assocation" turned up:

North Carolina Secretary of State
Yes, 2700 Wycliff was The New Fortis Corporation's address when they developed much of the area along SW Cary Parkway.

The HOA was handed off years ago to the homeowners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary