U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2010, 09:05 AM

19 posts, read 31,835 times

Advertisements

Hello I was down in Raleigh and liked the Centex development Highland Creek. Does anyone have any info about it. Do they live there or like the homes, any complaints? I am thinking about buying there within the next year or so but would like to know if the price they got was negotiable or did they offer a lot of deals after you added your name to the email. Thanks for the info.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 10:22 AM

12,475 posts, read 31,026,716 times
I sold one of the single family homes about 2 years ago. We ALWAYS negotiate on new construction in this area, no matter what the onsite agent tells you!

Before you sign anything...remember, the onsite agent works for the builder/seller and you should have your own buyer's agent to represent you.

As far as WHAT incentives you get, depends on how fast homes are selling in the n'hood AND if the home is an inventory home or a pre sale and how many sold that month in relation to what they had hoped for!

Vicki

Old 12-05-2010, 10:53 AM

19 posts, read 31,835 times
Thanks Vicki, I have an agent but it seems to offer something everyday. When you are there in person they didn't seem like they wanted to give anything but $3K and a low interest rate but they I get emails offering 50% off upgrades later on down the line. I am waiting to see what else they offer down the line but just wanted to hear from people who live there if they got better offers.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:35 AM

12,475 posts, read 31,026,716 times
I do think the incentives vary from month to month. It really depends on what they have sold and how many they WANT to sell. One thing I have also noticed is that all new construction will raise the price one month and then offer more incentives so you have to keep on eye on what is being offered versus what has been offered in the past. Sounds like you know this! And when you are ready to buy, have your agent check to see what has been given and at that point, you'll have a better understanding of what you should be able to get!

Vicki

Old 12-06-2010, 12:28 AM

13,808 posts, read 25,975,217 times
I don't live in Highland Creek but live across the street from it. The area has very bad traffic in the morning and afternoons, however they are widening 401/Louisburg and that should alleviate the majority of the issue. One thing I like about it is you are 15-20 mins (depending on lights and time of day) from the capital building and 5-10 mins from farm fields. Forestville Crossing, the little strip mall looking place on the other side of the street, has been empty for quite some time however. It seems they are having difficulty finding tenants. I'm not sure what that particular area of Raleigh will do at this point. If Louisburg expands and that ushers in a whole bunch new development it could be good for the area (ie a new Capital Blvd.) or it could be very bad.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:38 AM

502 posts, read 1,597,639 times
I live across the street too (Wheelsup and I might live a few houses apart and don't even know it!). Traffic can be a pain but hopefully that will improve once the 401 widening is complete. That area is also close to Wake Forest, Rolesville, and Knighdale. So although Forestville Crossing has been slow to develop there are still many things a few minutes away. I think the area will continue to grow once things pick up since there's a lot of undeveloped land in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary