Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 04:58 PM

709 posts, read 935,116 times

Advertisements

Why in the world would you say I am negative? It would be a blessing if things in real estate COOLED! It is time to take a breather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 05:57 PM

108 posts, read 397,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbywan View Post
Why in the world would you say I am negative? It would be a blessing if things in real estate COOLED! It is time to take a breather.
Coming from Bay Area CA (where $450K might get you a one bedroom condo/converted apartment), I am a happy, happy camper to hear your "negativity" about the cooling of the real estate market. Here's hoping it gets downright freezing long enough for me to buy a house here.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:55 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,689,532 times
Default set the record.....

Ok before people from out of state starting packing their bags and giving their notices at work.

This time of the year is a slow time for houses to sell as loads are on vacation etc.
Next, resales are,yes,taking longer to sell because of new construction-
nothing new there.

Are builders giving incentives, yes. Not all, but some. And again that is not really out of the ordinary for this time of the year.

Some areas are more desireable than others at the moment hence causing an influx in certain locations. Again nothing new there.

To say it is a buyers market.......hmmmm, I don't think we can go quite that far. In time perhaps, not seeing it now thru my research and analysis.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:57 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,689,532 times
Quote:
I would like to see the construction slow down.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:17 PM

Construction from the local builders is way down. The custom home builders of the wake county area are down 50% on their starts.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:33 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,667,896 times
Quote:
I think you are being called negative because all your posts are very negative in tone...no matter what they are about. You never seem to have anything positive to say about anything.

It's not that the market needs to take a breather (I can see that) but you post the sky if falling. It's very tiring.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:33 PM

374 posts, read 1,598,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bta View Post
urbywan,

Whenever I read one of your posts, I always hear the Debbie Downer sound in my head.
OMG! i was just thinking the same thing!! This poster is a total "Chicken Little".

Old 07-12-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
At one school in Garner they have dropped a track.

I have been told my 20% position is now on hold, they do not need to fill the spot just yet.

Interesting stuff.

Houses are sitting longer, went to the amberly subdivison in west cary, really nice place, anyway they are giving 2 to 5K in incentives paying HOA fees for a year and initiation fees to the pool if contracted by 8/31.

The market is slower anyone who tells you otherwise is not being truthful.

It really is a buyers market, if you are going to purchase a new place you have many homes to choose from. Play hardball with the builders.
So tell me what is negative in this posting?

This is an informative post. Telling someone who is moving to the area NOT to be bullied by a rush decision to buy a home and play hardball is negative?

You all must be crazy.

Oh the school in Garner will only have 3 tracks. What is negative about that? I keep hearing down here oh we will have an additional 8000 students this year! well numbers are no supporting that just yet. SO WHAT! Negative, $hit I think its great that it is slower. Time to build and rethink some developments! Heck in Chatham County they have a moratorium on new developments for the next 12 months!!!

Old 07-12-2007, 09:04 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,667,896 times
Quote:
So tell me what is negative in this posting?

This is an informative post. Telling someone who is moving to the area NOT to be bullied by a rush decision to buy a home and play hardball is negative?

You all must be crazy.
You take glee when ever there is something negative to post about this area and the schools. It comes through pretty clearly even over cyber-space.

I've not seen one post of yours that mentions anything good about anything around here. (Though if there is one you are welcome to prove me wrong.)

If this is not how you mean to come across, then you need to rethink your posting style.

If one person says you are negative, then you can say they are crazy. If two people say it, you might want to think about it. If more then three agree on something...you need to think about it.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:08 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
There are certain price ranges right now that are not slow by any means!

I took clients out to see 2 houses today. There were 3 showings while we were at house #2. Listing agent tells me they have an offer. We offer FULL PRICE and get the house. You have NO IDEA how much I HATE paying full price for ANYTHING. House is in the $150s range.

I have a listing in same range. I now have 2 offers on this listing. Also in $150s.

Houses in the $300s are flying out of MLS due to alot of the job transfers coming this way, including Fidelity.

However, I have gotten ALOT of emails from builders offering incentives. But it really depends on how fast the neighborhood is selling and how many houses the builder has in inventory. KB Homes and Beazer seem to be offering some good incentives right now.

But thats not ALL builders nor is it in ALL neighborhoods.

Vicki

Last edited by VickiR; 07-12-2007 at 09:09 PM.. Reason: Oh...forgot to say that in a post I wrote yesterday, I mentioned first time homebuyer's loan at 5.875%...rate went DOWN!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary