Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 10:55 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
y'all are nuts! Those things are so gross! Candy canes are pretty to look at but should not be eaten! :-(
Blasphemy!

I can only assume you had a little too much wine when you wrote this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 11:13 AM

1,357 posts, read 4,028,326 times
To those of you who don't like them, the others should love you because you won't be the person grabbing the last boxes from the shelf! I'm not crazy about pepperminty stuff but I'd sure try them! However, I'll leave them to those who know they like them and continue getting the chocolate truffle bar at the register YUM.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:55 PM

1,751 posts, read 3,688,749 times
Ya know, it occurs to me that this is just the kind of disaster that brings a community together. We might have to actually dust off our ovens and bake some cookies.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:12 PM

476 posts, read 1,676,947 times
Default Thanks a lOT NRG, I'll definitely need a New Year's Resolution now!

Even after moving from the area I like to check in & see what ya'll are up to... saw this post and wondered, like many, "What is a Candy Cane Joe Joe?".

Yesterday I stopped at my neighborhood TJ's and there in the entrance, like an offering from the Gods, was a HUGE tower of CCJJ's. I swear I could hear trumpets & angels singing! Based on your public display of affection for them, I bought one! MMM, MMM, MMMM! I have already hidden them from my family,(I'm usually harboring Mallomars this time of the year). For dinner tonight I had a 3-course meal consisting of a glass of red wine and 2 Joe Joes!

* I think these will be particularly delicious dipped in chocolate and crushed candy cane!

I was elated to have found a winter fix for my Thin Mint habit, but also so sad that you don't have ANY! PM me if you need a box shipped from AZ!

Old 12-18-2010, 08:45 PM

39 posts, read 95,119 times
Harris Teeter has a very similar cookie--not sure what they call it. It is good and it reminded me of TJ jo jo. It (I think Harris Teeter brand) and I am sure it is seasonal. I bought a few boxes right around Thanksgiving & they are long gone thanks to my kids.

Old 12-18-2010, 09:09 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks2007 View Post
Even after moving from the area I like to check in & see what ya'll are up to... saw this post and wondered, like many, "What is a Candy Cane Joe Joe?".

Yesterday I stopped at my neighborhood TJ's and there in the entrance, like an offering from the Gods, was a HUGE tower of CCJJ's. I swear I could hear trumpets & angels singing! Based on your public display of affection for them, I bought one! MMM, MMM, MMMM! I have already hidden them from my family,(I'm usually harboring Mallomars this time of the year). For dinner tonight I had a 3-course meal consisting of a glass of red wine and 2 Joe Joes!

* I think these will be particularly delicious dipped in chocolate and crushed candy cane!

I was elated to have found a winter fix for my Thin Mint habit, but also so sad that you don't have ANY! PM me if you need a box shipped from AZ!
Great post!

You are blessed to have such a bounty of Joes Joes! Merry Christmas!!

Old 12-18-2010, 09:43 PM

476 posts, read 1,676,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Great post!

You are blessed to have such a bounty of Joes Joes! Merry Christmas!!
Indeed! Now that I know of them I am wondering if Santa was really saying "Joe Joe!" instead of "Ho Ho", but couldn't properly enunciate with a mouth full of cookies!

Enjoy your holidays!

Old 12-19-2010, 02:54 AM

2,932 posts, read 7,825,031 times
I think I like the White Chocolate Hershey Kisses w/ Candy Cane in them much better!

Old 12-20-2010, 07:55 PM

98 posts, read 231,780 times
They made #12 on the list Favorite Trader Joe's Products of 2010

http://www.traderjoes.com/pdf/attach...e-products.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary