Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2007, 07:52 AM

615 posts, read 1,503,519 times

Advertisements

Just received a job-offer yesterday so we'll be moving down next month. Going to rent for a while to get a better feel for the area(visited 3x), and waiting for our house to sell in Jersey.

I've seen some short-term rentals online(6 months) but am somewhat unfamiliar with the area they are located...any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! Price range $650-800

Choice #1--Parkside Village(Guy Rd---W. Clayton Elementary area).
Choice #2-Amelia Village(Amelia Church Rd.---Cooper Elementary area)

Any other suggestions of townhomes/condos w/short-term rental option in the McGees Crossroads/Willow Springs area(where I'll be working) would be GREATLY appreciated. Iv'e been checking Craigslist, Rent.com, and Clayton Residential daily...but most are homes with long-term(12 mos) leases.

Thanks again...I don't know what I would have done without this site and I plan on giving back once I move and can give sound advice to relocatees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 07:57 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,983,107 times
Ha ha ha, you are going to hate this response.

Both are really good areas in my opinion. My daughter attended West Clayton and its one of the better schools that she has ever attended. I give them such high regards because they brought her from a 1st grade reading level to a six grade reading level and she was only in the 3rd grade! Guy Rd is this long, winding road (I personally cant stand it but you get used to it) but its really quiet. There's a bowling alley and a skating rink (both are awesome) side by side at the corner of Guy Rd and 42.

Amelia Church Rd if I am thinking correctly of the same place is also nice. Very convient to hwy 70 and all the stores. My daughter will be attending Cooper next year. My neighbors have nothing but rave things to say about Cooper so we are looking forward to see how she adjusts there.

We rented a house through Goldleaf property and I believe they have short term rentals as well. Extremely nice company, very friendly.

Good luck!

Old 07-13-2007, 07:57 AM

217 posts, read 800,085 times
We live in a subdivision on the corner of Guy rd. and Amelia church rd. I have seen the Amelia ones and they look really nice. I am running to the store in a bit and will drive by the others and let you know what I see. I will pm you. I am new to the area so I don't know much about the schools since mine are Pre-k and middle school.

Terri

Old 07-13-2007, 08:24 AM

615 posts, read 1,503,519 times
ferrick and chimp--WOW! Thanks SO MUCH for your quick and informative responses. I already knew the schools are good(I'm a teacher and have done TONS of research for both my daughter and my career), but I don't mind hearing it again Makes the move a bit easier on my mind.

Ferrick--Do you have a phone # or website for Goldleaf? I googled with no hits.

A short-term (small)rental house would be preferred, but the townhomes/ condos will work also. They sound very nice....it just will be an adjustment for us moving from a whole house.

Old 07-13-2007, 09:43 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,983,107 times
I thought they had a website..weird!

This is all I could find on them:
Gold Leaf Properties
4065 Powhatan Rd
Clayton, NC 27520

(919) 553-9959

Give them a call, maybe they have a website under a different name or something.

A friend & I were talking this morning about just how nice it was in Clayton. Even the TEENAGERS are polite. Its true. Everywhere we go (restaurants, grocery stores, driving, etc) you dont see them running the streets like its a drag race. They are extremely polite and well mannered.
I'm so glad I moved here, I have noticed quite a change in my 9 yr old. She's alot happier, loves the area and has some of the most well mannered friends around.

You'll love it here!

Old 07-14-2007, 08:56 AM

233 posts, read 860,591 times
Parkside Village is right next to the new park, playground area, tennis courts, walking trails (so i'm told.. i've never walked them), game fields... volleyball court.

Good luck with whichever you choose, I think Parkside is the newer of the two. I'm pretty sure Amelia Village has a pool, not sure if Parkside offers one.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:12 AM

2 posts, read 10,723 times
I lived at Parkside Village in a one-bedroom with a six month lease about a year or so ago (until I bought a house downtown) and thoroughly enjoyed it. The agents were responsive and helpful and being right next to the park was nice. I didn't use it, but they have a nice pool, exercise room and some other amenities that were helpful. Good luck.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:25 AM

91 posts, read 455,463 times
I looked at Amelia village last year and it is very nice. Where did you get hired and what will you be teaching? We have a contract on a house in Plantation pointe. I am soooo excited.

Gia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary