Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2007, 01:49 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times

Advertisements

Beazer Homes has a community that seems to be within the borders of RTP. Anyone have any information on this community? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 10:10 PM

7 posts, read 28,291 times
I've been keeping my eye on this community also. Great for commute if you work in the RTP area. The area seems safe. Other than that, nothing to hoot about, but others have said they are planning to build some retailers on hwy 55 and MLK pkwy nearby, I'm not sure though.

Also, recently they had a huge discount on their inventory homes, I think they lowered their two fairfax models to $198k and $5k towards closing. Those two models are still listed on their site for their original price of $226k now--I guess they couldn't find takers, not sure why.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:53 AM

31 posts, read 100,810 times
Default Any new news or recommendations on this property?

Anyone have any more information on Wyndmoor at the park?

Old 11-29-2007, 06:08 AM

We went there a few times and decided that the commute would be worth the lot. They have very small lots. I believe the largest was about .18 acres (at least what was left a few months ago). They homes themselves are pretty nice, you will need to upgrade A LOT but they have some pretty good incentives going on right now with 50% off, I think, on upgrades. The neighborhood soes feed into Durham County Schools, not the best of them, but again the big draw is the commute to RTP and most of Durham. It's off of South Alston Ave going north (on the right a little past Cornwallis) and seems to be in a pretty good area. Not much going on in the neighborhood as far as amenities....actually there are none. We decided there was not enough land (we ended up with .49 acres) and the schools in that areas were not what we were looking for (no kids yet but soon ). It wasn't for us BUT that does not mean it is not for you. You should definitely check it out. We worked with Joe. He was really friendly and accommodating. Good Luck!

Old 11-30-2007, 03:09 AM

Good info! Thanks. Where did you end up buying? We're not ready yet (Feb/March) but have been looking almost every weekend. If the right thing came along we would probably take the plunge a little early.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloria - G View Post
Good info! Thanks. Where did you end up buying? We're not ready yet (Feb/March) but have been looking almost every weekend. If the right thing came along we would probably take the plunge a little early.
We decided on Springhill in Holly Springs. We like the floorplans, price per sq ft was good (after upgrades) and the area is kind of rural but close enough to stuff that we are not that far out. Pretty good schools as well. Overall we just liked it the best.

Old 12-01-2007, 05:19 AM

You were right on! We visited Wyndmoor yesterday. I'ts not for us. Didn't like the area. I'm pretty sure we're going to end up with a re-sale somewhere in SW Durham, Hope Valley Farms, Chancellor's Ridge etc.

Thanks for the info!

Old 12-13-2007, 07:47 PM

Wyndmoor has their largest model (Magnum) listed at 239 down from 266 with $7500k towards closing......4 bedrooms plus game room, hardwoods, island blah blah blah and .13 acre lots......best thing is that it is bordering RTP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary