Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 09:38 AM

515 posts, read 1,716,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
I never said some people didn't have celiac disease. But it indeed became trendy when that crazy Hasselbeck lady on The View started talking about it. Before that and some recent books, you never heard about it. Something like that gets some publicity, and all of a sudden everyone is buying Gluten Free products and claiming to be intolerant.
Again, you are not correct. What exactly is trendy about being sick and having health issues? It was mis-diagnosed for so many years that it was not a well-known medical issue that was brough to the public eye. Yes, Hasselbeck helped do that but just because she is a celebrity does not make it trendy. It has been around LONG before that. Again, I welcome you to walk one day in the shoes of someone that has this and call it Trendy!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 09:53 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,829,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Bob Greczyn, former CEO of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, plans to open a Mellow Mushroom pizza restaurant in Cary with his son, Will. It will be the 13th Mellow Mushroom in the state and the fourth in the Triangle.

read more

Greczyn to open pizza restaurant in Cary

Thread topic < /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\> Discussion

Can we please get the two back in alignment?

Thanks!

Old 10-27-2011, 09:59 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Pizza sounds good right now.

I think I will wait out the flurry of activity surrounding MM opening before venturing in.

With Papa Murphy's, Rosati's, Georgina's all nearby and proven to please, it hardly seems appealing to wait very long for food.
And I haven't been back to Salvio's since right after they opened.

Hmm... Pizza DOES sound good right now!

Old 10-27-2011, 10:46 AM

4,477 posts, read 11,614,607 times
I just had some cheeseless vegan pizza from Whole Foods for lunch... it was quite good.

Maybe I'll get a take out pie from Mellow Mushroom this weekend, assuming the Cary location has Daiya.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:34 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Not trying to be difficult, I genuinely want to know, but what is a cheeseless vegan pizza? Crust with tomatoes? Other veggies?

Old 10-27-2011, 01:01 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,594,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
. . . . what is a cheeseless vegan pizza?
Not worth eating

My wife is celiac, so no wheat, barley, or rye
My wife suspects that our youngest child has lactose intolerance, so no milk or cheese
Our other child is having problems with hyperactivity, so we're trying a diet for him that is free of artificial colors, flavors, preservatives and foods containing salicylate.

Menu planning and trips to the grocery store are SOOOOO painful.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:02 PM

4,477 posts, read 11,614,607 times
Quote:
Not trying to be difficult, I genuinely want to know, but what is a cheeseless vegan pizza? Crust with tomatoes? Other veggies?
Pizza crust with lots of veggies (sometimes roasted, things like squash, peppers, onions, broccoli), pineapple, fresh basil, tomato sauce, etc. It varies somewhat and they don't always have it at the Durham Whole Foods (and I've never seen it at the Cary one). I actually prefer it to vegan pizza with Daiya because I'd rather avoid processed food.

Trader Joe's had a delicious roasted vegetable cheeseless pizza in their frozen section recently, but I didn't see it the last time I went. This makes me sad. :-(

Old 10-28-2011, 04:16 AM

379 posts, read 959,043 times
Quote:
We used to get a delish veggie pie back up on Long Island:

It had spinach, broccoli, onions and red & green peppers all sauteed in olive oil infused with fresh garlic. They would lightly oil the dough & put all the veggies on top & bake it.

And we are not vegetarians either.....it was just SO DELISCIOUS

Old 10-28-2011, 06:29 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmela C View Post
We used to get a delish veggie pie back up on Long Island:

It had spinach, broccoli, onions and red & green peppers all sauteed in olive oil infused with fresh garlic. They would lightly oil the dough & put all the veggies on top & bake it.

And we are not vegetarians either.....it was just SO DELISCIOUS
I am not vegetarian at all. Gotta have my steak at least once a week! However, got a veggie pizza at CHOW a couple of times and it was great!

Vicki

Old 10-28-2011, 08:35 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,820,952 times
I know we're getting off-topic, but I can see how how the gluten-free thing is becoming the health fad. Other than those with Celiac disease or gluten allergies, is there really isn't a need to avoid gluten. Wiki says only .5-1% of the US population has celiac disease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary