Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 07:42 AM

257 posts, read 713,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2up2down View Post
If you do not like Coach K or Bob Knight, then your part of the problem in this country
Ahaha, the only problem in this case is there are people like you with that opinion. Also, it's "you're", not "your".

For the record, I have nothing against Coach K besides the fact he's Duke's coach, and being a UNC fan means I didn't want to see Coach K surpass Dean's record. Other than that, I think he conducts himself well and is a very good coach.

Knight is another matter entirely. I do not respect someone that cannot or will not control his own anger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 07:56 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,938,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
Lets see if Duke renames Cameron indoor stadium after Coach K. I have a feeling "the Krzyzewski indoor stadium" won't roll off the tongue quite as nicely as the Dean Dome does.
Except that it's not the "Dean Dome." It's actually the Dean E. Smith Student Activities Center, which doesn't exactly roll off the tongue either. I'm sure if ever there was a Krzyzewski ______ at Duke, fans would shorten it to some catchy, easy to say, name.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:34 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,864,650 times
I am amazed at the partisan comments with so little support for Coach K's achievement of 880 wins

Old 01-04-2011, 07:10 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,928,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermat View Post
I am amazed at the partisan comments with so little support for Coach K's achievement of 880 wins
Well I can tell you no one is happier about Coach K's achievements than I am

People just love to hate Duke and Coach K. I wish those people had the chance to spend a little time with him one on one and get to know his family. I'd be willing to bet that's where the hate comments would stop

Old 01-04-2011, 08:29 AM

375 posts, read 1,143,600 times
ehhh - I think there's a good amount of hate floating around to all 3 of the ACC teams in the Triangle. And meeting certain coaches and their families probably won't change my opinion about them. If they can't conduct themselves in a way I agree with in the public spotlight, why would they be much different in a private light?

Old 01-04-2011, 01:04 PM

3,743 posts, read 13,703,450 times
I'm more glad that two ACC coaches are among the top than any specific ranking order, and at least one will be better than Bob Knight - he's a jerk. So what if it took Coach K longer to get those wins?

Last edited by Sayantsi; 01-04-2011 at 01:27 PM..

Old 01-04-2011, 01:45 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,038 times
I'm pretty sure that the coach has thick skin and does not worry about the locals hate. At the end of the day, he is rich, successful and becoming an icon. The haters are what they are and get to carry that hate around with them.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:15 PM

4 posts, read 7,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhwilkin View Post
Ahaha, the only problem in this case is there are people like you with that opinion. Also, it's "you're", not "your".

For the record, I have nothing against Coach K besides the fact he's Duke's coach, and being a UNC fan means I didn't want to see Coach K surpass Dean's record. Other than that, I think he conducts himself well and is a very good coach.

Knight is another matter entirely. I do not respect someone that cannot or will not control his own anger.
ahaha, the only problem in this case is there are people like you who do not share my opinion. If you want to get technical, send your boy Roy a quick message and ask him to stop dropping "F" bombs after games and stomping the sidelines getting red-faced like a child. Based on your comment, it sounds as if you would concur that using expletive language over the air waves for young fans to hear is an equal act to throwing a chair on the court, both show inability to control emotion. For the record, I am not a UNC fan and I think Roy is a great coach and I appreciate his passion and willingness to win. Oh, thanks for the grammar lesson, it was noted

Old 01-05-2011, 07:04 AM

257 posts, read 713,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2up2down View Post
ahaha, the only problem in this case is there are people like you who do not share my opinion. If you want to get technical, send your boy Roy a quick message and ask him to stop dropping "F" bombs after games and stomping the sidelines getting red-faced like a child. Based on your comment, it sounds as if you would concur that using expletive language over the air waves for young fans to hear is an equal act to throwing a chair on the court, both show inability to control emotion. For the record, I am not a UNC fan and I think Roy is a great coach and I appreciate his passion and willingness to win. Oh, thanks for the grammar lesson, it was noted
Heh. I bet I'm going to surprise you here by saying I actually agree with you about Roy's use of foul language. Stomping the sidelines looks silly, yes, though I consider that nowhere near as bad as the foul language. Just because I'm biased towards UNC does not mean I'm not well aware of their shortcomings, and I am perfectly willing to acknowledge them (a practice more people should follow, IMO).

But two wrongs (especially unrelated ones) don't make a right, meaning Roy's behavior in no way absolves or justifies Knight's behavior. And Knight crosses much further over my personal line of inappropriate and unprofessional behavior with his actions.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:13 AM

128 posts, read 282,872 times
I am sure he has a thick skin but I bet he would be surprized at the comments in this thread if he reads this forum. I'm no Duke fan but I believe he has done more to raise the profile of the Triangle across the nation than almost any other person, and that's something we should all reconize and give some praise on his achievements over many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
I'm pretty sure that the coach has thick skin and does not worry about the locals hate. At the end of the day, he is rich, successful and becoming an icon. The haters are what they are and get to carry that hate around with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary