Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 10:53 AM

50 posts, read 123,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAHomeNow View Post
Can someone tell me why no one ever answers the phone there or returns my calls lately and I hear they are going under. Any one else have info. I currently live in a Perry Home and have to get my 12 month warranty issues addressed.
I have also heard that Perry builder is going under. I do know that there are several tax liens on his properties.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:38 PM

Location: Raleigh, Rolesville, Cary, Garner, Clayton, Fuquay-Varina, Knightdale, Holly Spring, Apex, Durham
12 posts, read 27,412 times
Cool PerryBuilders: Filing Bankruptcy Protection

I don't know for sure if Perry Builders have filed for bankruptcy protection. I recently had a closing 2/20/2009 and I observed on the HUD statement that they had judgement liens and that the closing attorney were paying subcontractors and vendors directly.

Perry Builders is one of my best builders I prefer working with. Their homes are top quality. If they are going out of business, I, as a Realtor, will be very disappointed.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:33 PM

2 posts, read 9,494 times
I read your post about getting a lawyer or that some of you were going to file a suit.
I would appreciate any info you could give me.
I live in Garner in Hunter's Mark and have been battling with Perry Builders since Jan 09. Doesn't seem long compared to you. My house has major structural issues and the walls are cracking (big time) and I can no longer close my windows (any of them) due to improper installation.
I have been talking to lawyers for 2 weeks and if you already are a part of something I would like to know.
Any info is helpful.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:57 AM

2 posts, read 8,767 times
I just completed my 11th month inspection and found some things that need repairs. I've tried to contact them at the information that came with my closing packet only to find those numbers/email are inop (919-876-2200/www.venturehomesllc.com). Does anyone have there updated contact information?

Old 05-26-2009, 01:10 PM

6,424 posts, read 9,738,866 times
I moved to a jordan/perry built neighborhood and the Perry homes there are getting warranty work with no problems it seems. I know a large area of SOD was just placed down on a Perry home last week. jordan builders are coming in this week on another home to fix a standing water issue.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:41 AM

2 posts, read 9,448 times
Angry What attorney did you use?

I have a home that I bought from Perry Builder as well but in Burlington. None of our warrenty stuff has been done either. They are bankrupt, but we paid them for services that they have not provided. I would like to see which attorney you and your neighbors used. Our neighborhood would like to do the same. Or if you found out there isn't anything we can do, will you let us know that as well. Thanks so much- victoriarn75@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911mom View Post
I just call from Perry Builders...finally, after 3 weeks of leaving messages for somebody,anybody to call me back. Spoke with a Ms. Stone, who kept saying Perry was "restructuring", although would not give me a specific answer on what that means. She said there is only 1 warranty person left, where there used to be five. She also stated that their office staff of 30 people is now only at 5.
(For the record, she also felt it necessary to remind me that the nation is in a financial crisis right now... I thanked her for the info, and reminded her that I wasn't born yesterday).

My neighbors and I are contacting an attorney. If there is anyone on this forum who has purchased a home from Perry Builders and has work that is not being completed as promised, feel free to send me a direct message via this site.
Thanks, and good luck!

Old 06-09-2009, 10:43 AM

2 posts, read 9,448 times
will you let me know what attorney you are using and what you have found out so far- I have similar issues-thanks-victoriarn75@gmail.com

Old 06-11-2009, 05:26 PM

2 posts, read 9,494 times
We are going with Doug Mcclanahan. So far though we have shelled out over 1500 to pay for the home inspector, structural engineer and now geotechnical engineer. Apparently our warranty is great except for the fact that it states that the home must be near condemnable for them to HAVE to fix it. Seriously read it. It sucks. That was the only problem the lawyer had. So I have been having to prove that my house REALLY needs repair and not that I am just complaining. I would be happy to talk more about it b/c I am so frustrated. One thing though, they are NOT bankrupt. My lawyer checks daily to make sure. The owner has cut his staff down to 2 people. Him and his wife and he is living in Zebulon where his "office" is. Meaning he and his wife are running the show from their home. I guess he is just trying to ride out the storm. But treating everyone pretty crappy in tthe process. Good Luck!

Old 07-22-2009, 02:21 PM

2 posts, read 8,930 times
Seems to be true, doors locked, office cleaned, and phones no longer rings. I think the owner has sold his airplanes and milliion dollar home as well......As the motto goes "it cost to play"

Old 07-22-2009, 02:25 PM

2 posts, read 8,930 times
After a quick review of courthouse records it appears banks are soaking up PB's deeds on a daily bases, But I'm sure he'll be back under a new builder name(s) shortly, if not maybe working for someone else at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary