Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 11:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,988 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone!!!
I love scrapbooking and I am from The Uk I live near to London and the scrapbooking supplies in The UK are very limited, also not many people are interested in scrapbooking here or they don't know what it is.
Also Cardmaking is much more popular, I found out scrapbooking from the Internet mainly and now I love it alot and enjoy scraping!
I am moving to North Carolina around (March 2011)to work as an au pair for a year.
I will be living in Cary near to Raleigh, and I would love to join a scrapbooking crop when I would come, does anyone know of one nearby to Cary? Also what scrapbooking stores can you recommend that I go to, also are there any near to Cary? I know there is Michaels, hobby lobby etc, I am interested in learning more though.
I am only 21 years old but I love scrapbooking already and I have made many layouts and a few scrapbook albums, I love photography too. My two faviourite hobbies go well together and I am sure that in USA I can find alot of supplies there.
Hope to hear from you all !!
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 12:55 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,675,433 times
Michaels has a decent supply of scrapbook supplies, JoAnnes may, as well. Even walmart has a small selection (at least my walmart does, they all seem to be different though).

not sure of any scrapbooking clubs- maybe look on meetup to see if theres a group near you ?

Old 01-10-2011, 01:55 PM

216 posts, read 539,232 times
I showed this post to my wife, who is an avid scrapbook-er (here in Sanford) and she suggested looking up a creative memories consultant here: Find A Consultant

Usually the consultant will have get togethers to scrapbook, it depends on the consultant, also some have websites that you can look at with events posted. Hope this helps

Old 01-10-2011, 02:03 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,095,324 times
Meetup.com might help. Raleigh isn't far from Cary:

Raleigh Scrapbooking Enthusiast (Raleigh, NC) - Meetup

There is one in Cary, but they are no longer accepting members...which I've never seen before on a Meetup page. So perhaps you could start your own when you get here? You could call it, "The Premier Scrapbooking Group in Cary." Your motto could be, "No table scrapps for us!"

Cary Table Scrapps - Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting (Cary, NC) - Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/caryscrapbooking/ - broken link)

Old 01-10-2011, 05:08 PM

838 posts, read 2,524,912 times
Archiver’s Online

The only reason I know about Archiver's is my wife is into scrapbooking.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:27 PM

118 posts, read 345,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hc130radio View Post
I showed this post to my wife, who is an avid scrapbook-er (here in Sanford) and she suggested looking up a creative memories consultant here: Find A Consultant
A Creative Memories consultant is the way to go. Most hold loads of crops and special events. Just put in your address and you'll be able to find one very close to where you live. When I moved to Cary a few months ago, I found one on the very next street from me.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:35 AM

41 posts, read 58,926 times
I was also going to suggest meet up group. Or I have taken a class not for scrapbooking but knitting at Joann Fabrics you may want to call and see if they have a class list. It is a good way to meet people when new in the area plus enjoy learning your craft.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:52 AM

673 posts, read 2,266,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hc130radio View Post

Usually the consultant will have get togethers to scrapbook, it depends on the consultant, also some have websites that you can look at with events posted. Hope this helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCScrapmom View Post
A Creative Memories consultant is the way to go. Most hold loads of crops and special events. Just put in your address and you'll be able to find one very close to where you live. When I moved to Cary a few months ago, I found one on the very next street from me.
Totally concur with the recommendation for finding a Creative Memories consultant. I have been using Creative Memories scrapbook supplies and materials since 1992. I believe they offer the best products on the market.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:26 PM

205 posts, read 487,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvitts View Post
Totally concur with the recommendation for finding a Creative Memories consultant. I have been using Creative Memories scrapbook supplies and materials since 1992. I believe they offer the best products on the market.
Welllllll ... I'd have to say they offer the most *expensive* scrapbooking products on the market, but not necessarily the best. Not anymore. Creative Memories was one of the first (if not The first) companies to make scrapbooking supplies and at that time they really did offer something that other companies did not. Now there are many very good companies out there, including those available at Michaels. I'm a huge fan of 7gypsies myself. Creative Memories is more "basic," offering a quick and easy formula for putting together scrapbooks.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:58 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,756,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfishGumbo View Post
Welllllll ... I'd have to say they offer the most *expensive* scrapbooking products on the market, but not necessarily the best. Not anymore. Creative Memories was one of the first (if not The first) companies to make scrapbooking supplies and at that time they really did offer something that other companies did not. Now there are many very good companies out there, including those available at Michaels. I'm a huge fan of 7gypsies myself. Creative Memories is more "basic," offering a quick and easy formula for putting together scrapbooks.
Got to say I agree. Archivers is really the main scrapbooking store in the area. It's in Raleigh. They do free crops on Friday & Saturday nights. They also have some fun workshops.

Also, there are some really good online workshops by various scrapbook artists. Since you'll be in the US now the time difference might be more manageable. Donna Downey lives near Charlotte and teaches some great workshops, both online and in person.

Welcome to The Triangle. And happy scrappin'!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary