Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 02:02 PM

292 posts, read 635,377 times

Advertisements

Any experience with Wells fargo in terms of checking accounts, customer services and offerings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 02:39 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,936,310 times
My personal view is that Wells Fargo's acquistion of Wachovia is not a good one in terms of customer service (but it beats the prior deal to split Wachovia in two with Citibank). While Wachovia was never as good as they bragged, they were better "then" than they are "now." Wells Fargo is force fitting everything into their systems and processes, whether it works for former Wachovia customers or not. I've been with them too long to really compare to other banks. (My only other recent experience was with Coastal Federal Credit Union - which was fine as long as you like do-it-yourself banking.) I can't say WF is awful - they've just lost something in this merger.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:13 PM

101 posts, read 227,082 times
I want the Wachovia we had before the First Union merger changed it. It probably won't ever get back to those days now.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:23 PM

540 posts, read 1,105,692 times
I was with Wachovia for 10 years...until the Wells Fargo merger. I am no longer with Wachovia. Too many fees being imposed by Wells Fargo so I am now with a credit union. Wachovia was good and I was very satisfied with them until the merger. If I wasn't with a credit union now, and was looking for a "bank" I would probably go with Suntrust.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:39 PM

804 posts, read 2,003,983 times
i haven't had an issue with WF since the merger (i was a wachovia customer until then). but i love state employees credit union & we still contemplate switching all accounts there. were i to start new accounts now, i'd probably go with a credit union.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:48 PM

789 posts, read 1,991,914 times
Fees are pretty ridiculous (e.g. if you use a non WF/Wachovia ATM, they charge you $2 in addition to whatever that ATM might charge) and they will put a hold on your paychecks if they aren't direct deposited (in addition to every other check, but many banks have a policy of not holding recurring paychecks). They also don't care if your account balance is $30,000 or $30; they hit you with the same fees and crappy customer service. I like their online banking since most payments are almost immediate, but unfortunately that's not enough to keep us as customers. We'll be changing banks soon.

On an interesting note, my sister was their FourSquare mayor in SF. She asked about the paycheck policy and they were so rude (just to answering some questions) that she tweeted about it and complained on FourSquare... and one of their VPs emailed her an apology. Which, of course, was too little too late. So unless you have several hundred followers and lots of exposure, you're no one to them but a fee generator.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:47 PM

101 posts, read 227,082 times
Been with Wachovia for 25 years, and we want to move, but we have so many drafts, if any of you had drafts and moved them did you get messed up? We were told to have enough money in both accounts just to make sure they were covered during the transition period. We don't have that kind of money. Someone could make a business out of being an expert in moving drafts, the task it overwhelming to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary