U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 08:36 PM

1,495 posts, read 3,566,890 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are anxious to find a health club in North Raleigh.
Anyone have feedback on Peak Fitness? Someone mentioned this chain so we thought we ask and see if any of you had any feedback.

We're looking for a club with a wide variety of class - spin, cardio, weights, pilates, yoga...

any other clubs out there you would recommend???

Thanks
Donna
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 08:42 PM

8,269 posts, read 24,042,737 times
My only advice is that this is a chain and Peak fitness has been about 6 other gyms before it was ever Peak fitness. These chains around here seem to go out of business and then open up as a new gym every few years. We go to 02 fitness in Cary and love it. Very classy and more adult oriented. There is also one on Falls of Neusse Road in Raleigh.

Old 07-17-2007, 06:03 AM

4,435 posts, read 11,035,362 times
Lifestyle Family Fitness opened a brand new club in North Raleigh recently. I belong to the one in Apex and they also have one in Cary. Seems pretty good so far - the month to month membership was a selling point for me (no long-term contracts).

Old 07-17-2007, 07:28 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,594,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
Lifestyle Family Fitness opened a brand new club in North Raleigh recently. I belong to the one in Apex and they also have one in Cary. Seems pretty good so far - the month to month membership was a selling point for me (no long-term contracts).
I used to go to the Lifestyle in Florida - their group classes were absolutely fantastic, especially body pump (weights set to music). Got me in shape in no time. Really nice equipment too and fortunately cancelling was easy when I needed to cancel. I don't know anything about Peak but if LFF opens up in Durham I may rejoin just for that body pump class.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:31 AM

9,680 posts, read 26,025,314 times
Peak was recently cited for misleading advertising about their membership plans.

Planet Fitness recently opened two gyms in raleigh with new equipment, no commitment, and astonishingly low prices.

It can get busy, but might work for many folks.

Also, most apt complexes now have 24 hour fitness centers along with pools.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:37 AM

as always everyone is so helpful . .

Old 07-18-2007, 07:50 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,740,562 times
We toured Peak Fitness and was not really that impressed. We came through the door, they took us to the office, showed us the membership plan and asked us why wouldn't we sign up?
Without a tour?
The guy looked kind of peeved when he took us around. As we neared the door, we just went through it. He even called out to us as we were crossing the parking lot. Just a bad experience with one sales person I'm sure but I was not impressed.

We got a membership through the YMCA. I would definately tour their facilities, we loved it! Had everything and more, we were definately impressed!

Old 07-18-2007, 08:13 AM

9,680 posts, read 26,025,314 times
You are not alone in thinking this is a "hard sell" club.

Workout Anytime on Atlantic near Spring Forest is run by some decent Christian folks too.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:25 AM

Finally able to get out there and investigate some of the clubs

Peak Fitness - two thumbs down - the sales person had no idea what spin classes were - not impressed at all

Gold's Gym Pleasant Valley - Two Thumbs Up - Way Up!!
It's a brand new club and better than anything we had back home or could afford. They have an amazing number of classes - "Spin Studio"
separate carpeted room for yoga/pilates
"Cardio Cinema" where you can watch movies and work out
Ask for David Fox and tell them Donna/David Webster sent you.
No "hard sell" which we appreciated and club membership is transferrable to other Gold's in the area.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:54 AM

45 posts, read 170,484 times
we're planning on moving to clayton and i was wondering whether or not there were any gyms or health clubs in the area. thanks as always! we're with gold's here in fl but i don't know whether or not their memberships transfer from state to state or if there is one in the clayton area. thanks as always!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary