Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2007, 02:59 AM

19 posts, read 49,095 times

Advertisements

You are the lady that bakes the pies and cake from scratch... My grandmother said you are too young to cook the way you do...she said you have a old soul like you've been here before....whatever that means.

What I would like to know is how your sweet potato pies taste that good and you don't measure your ingredients? How do you know when you have enough of something?

My grandmother calls people like me a microwave mama...she said this generation of woman don't see the importance of learning to cook that is why so many of us are single. She said that being educated and independent doesn't sit well with her. Back in her heyday, they were groomed for husbands.

I shared that you are moving and grandmother said she doesn't want to hear that...you don't need to go south...you need to stay up here and keep making pies and cakes so she won't have to.

You should really consider opening a full function restaurant when you get to Raleigh, or have lunch and dinner...even a microwave mama like me can get around in the kitchen well enough to make breakfast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 01:17 PM

71 posts, read 249,249 times
I will send you a PM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: