Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2011, 04:01 AM

1 posts, read 3,884 times

Advertisements

My son will be six in summer. We are looking for one on one piano lessons for him. We do not have a piano at home, so the lessons will have to be at the teacher's place. We are looking for a teacher experienced with children of that age group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 07:39 AM

792 posts, read 4,488,681 times
How is your son going to practice unless there is a piano at home? Lessons don't do a bit of good unless the students practices multiple times per week.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:38 AM

68 posts, read 118,546 times
My daughter started piano lessons in August when she was 6 and her teacher is great (by West Lake, so might be far for you), but we also don't have a piano at home. She practices on a 76 key electric keyboard. Her teacher is fine with this since she's so young, she does have a hard time with some of the figuring on weighted keys.
I totally understand not giving up the money and space for a full piano when they are so you and may not stick with it! It is very important for kids to practice frequently though, especially since they can only sit for about 30 min for each lesson.
I did talk with other instructors that would not take her without an actual piano or wanted to sell us 'rehearsal time' at their studios which can really add up since they need to practice everyday.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:14 AM

814 posts, read 2,007,230 times
FYI, when our kids started out with lessons, we just rented a piano. It was pretty cheap (it was not a fancy piano). However, as it is now years later and the kids are still taking, we have since bought it. THe rental went towards the purchase. We rented from Maus.

I would recommend our teacher, but she is in North HIlls. She does teach in Cary, but only in homes there.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:44 AM

214 posts, read 695,318 times
Here's who we use

Dina's piano studio
Dina's Piano Studio

She teaches in her townhouse in Morrisville and holds recitals in her neighborhood's clubhouse.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:15 AM

381 posts, read 1,325,843 times
I can strongly recommend Dr. Janice Buckner in Cary. She has worked with very young children, but also works with youth on up to adults. I have been extremely pleased with her instruction for our kids.

This website (http://www.218academy.com/default.htm - broken link) has a little biographical info and contact information.

Lessons are generally at her home around Lochmere. Recitals are at First Baptist Church of Cary near downtown.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:30 AM

109 posts, read 343,161 times
Explore in Cary (Towerview off of Cary parkway) has individual piano lessons in addition to group lessons. The teacher there is great with very young kids as well as the older ones. I don't think all piano teachers have the patience for 5 year olds.

I would recommend buying an inexpensive electronic keyboard for practice at home. They don't take much room t all and kids really like to practice on them because of the fun sounds .

Old 05-23-2014, 09:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,047 times
I plan on moving to Cary County next summer....2015. I am a very experienced, upbeat, contemporary teacher, and will giving up my students here. If anyone will have a child who will be ready to take by the fall of 2015, please let me know. I promise that the lessons will be fun and exciting, and your child will go home happy! I have games, lots of new ideas, and great music to teach! I have taught ages 3-72, I teach all kinds of music, and I love what I do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary