Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 11:02 AM

1,489 posts, read 5,680,334 times

Advertisements

There's also some new building going on in Wendell that is very reasonable. I think DR Horton just opened a new subdivision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 11:14 AM

180 posts, read 661,235 times
Where is Wendell? I'm not sure I know! I like Summer Springs in Franklinton I just worry that its "too far." How is the traffic heading up there/back from the airport?

Old 07-20-2007, 06:05 AM

36 posts, read 131,415 times
Default Spencer's Gate

Hi Vicki-

It is heresay from a realtor, actually. I really liked Spencer's Gate when I visited the S/D, although it's a little out of my price range, I thought it was a lovely area with nice wooded lots. But, when I expressed interest, I was told, in no uncertain terms, that it was a S/D she definitely wouldn't show me because she was told it was in the police blotter frequently. I was rather shocked to be honest. But, of course, it is always better to have "inside info" which I saw you had gotten in another topic. I don't think I can afford it, anyway, but I am curious as to why an agent would make a statement like that unless it really was true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I just had a listing in Spencer's Gate. It has always appeared to be a great neighborhood with pool. My sellers never mentioned anything about police reports. Did you call the police dept. or is this just heresay?

My listing sold in less than 30 days and we had two offers on it. We now have a "back up offer", as well. The new homes are selling for over $200s.

I agree with looking in Clayton, as well. Anything thats in North Raleigh for under $200,000 is going to have nice yard but the house may be smaller or need some updating but for larger than l/3, Johnston County or Youngsville should have some listings.

Vicki

Old 07-20-2007, 06:42 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,161,321 times
chukkles, thanks for the info. I don't know where she got her info. but there is another poster on here that LIVES in Spencer's Gate and I asked the same question and they don't know anything about police coming to the neighborhood.

As for your being able to afford the neighborhood, the NEW homes are in the $200s but if you are lucky enough to find a nice re sale, that would work for you. The listing I had at $151,000 sold in about 25 days, so I can't help you there.

Thanks for your info. I don't know how accurate it is but I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

Vicki

Old 07-20-2007, 01:55 PM

419 posts, read 1,393,279 times
Try Brookfield Station in Knightdale. Homes are being built by Comstock Homes. They left a lot of the trees untouched.

Old 07-24-2007, 05:13 PM

19 posts, read 54,177 times
Again, this is subjective. I know others have disagreed with me about the distance, but I didn't really have a long commute. Good thing is that we are getting more and more highways and it makes it a bit easier.

I used to work in Wake Forest. Back roads took about 30 - 40 mins. But all country. I am not really a Cary commuter, but I think on a non-traffic day it's about the same. Maybe someone out there can post their commute time from here to there? It would be really helpful.

Old 07-24-2007, 05:18 PM

19 posts, read 54,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren4521 View Post
Hey neighbor....we'll have to meet up one day!

Isn't Cecil the 1st or 2nd right? My brain isn't functioning properly today so I can't remember.

You are right!! I keep forgetting the street that my friend lives off of. They did just name it and put that darn sign up in the last year(?) or two...

Oops...my mistake. I thought that the total was 2500sf (hence where my brain got stuck on the 500 but I could be wrong). Hey but you would know better..its YOUR house.

I look forward to seeing where this is going. I didn't realize that we could be annexed by EITHER Wendell or Clayton (as per that town meeting recently). I'd rather be Archer Lodge truthfully but being Wendell would be too confusing since we are def Johnston County and Wendell is Wake.

Anyhow, I love it here too!
Lauren
I really don't know what I am doing. I am not sure how all these "threads" work, etc. I guess I'll figure it out in time, but I am sure everyone thinks "who is she talking to?".

Last edited by stelzners; 07-24-2007 at 05:19 PM.. Reason: I don't know what I am doing!

Old 07-24-2007, 06:01 PM

12,626 posts, read 31,938,343 times
Where are you looking to move? I found several houses under $200 this past weekend. Some in Fuquay, some in Clayton, some in N. Raleigh, some in Wake Forest. I can let you know. They are all resales.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary