Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2011, 01:37 AM

82 posts, read 224,298 times

Advertisements

i've already exhausted sites like Apartments.com | Find Apartments for Rent, Houses, Condos and Townhomes | Rental Listings and all it shows are large properties... does anyone know sites i can visit to see rental properties by owners? like for single family homes or townhomes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 04:32 AM

1,361 posts, read 2,273,099 times
Have you checked Realtor.com? Also, there are some property management companies. I'll DM them since I'm not sure if that is considered recommending them--I haven't actually worked with them yet just looked them up because I need one.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:33 AM

423 posts, read 1,094,911 times
not exactly like apartment.com, but try zillow.com, realtor.com and craigslist.com .

Old 01-18-2011, 06:20 AM

279 posts, read 702,709 times
clayton residential rentals. Most are in Clayton, but there are some in Raleigh.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:36 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,090,870 times
You can try some of the real estate companies. I'll PM you one.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:25 AM

242 posts, read 594,266 times
I used Moderator cut: no real etate recommendations & craigslist.org and found a townhouse rental.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 01-18-2011 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: Real estate recommendations are NOT allowed, per the TOS.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:10 AM

1,751 posts, read 3,688,749 times
Dark, I am so confused...on this thread the OP got recommendations for:

Apartments.com
craigslist.org
zillow.com
realtor.com

yet you made a Moderator cut: no real etate recommendations

If those first few don't count as real estate recommendations, and we don't know what kind of link you did cut, can you please clarify what exactly a real estate recommendation is?

Old 01-18-2011, 08:19 AM

1,751 posts, read 3,688,749 times
Default I haven't found much either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittnmouse View Post
i've already exhausted sites like Apartments.com | Find Apartments for Rent, Houses, Condos and Townhomes | Rental Listings and all it shows are large properties... does anyone know sites i can visit to see rental properties by owners? like for single family homes or townhomes?
I've been home sick so I constantly check the rental ads even though I'm not renting until summer.

It seems there was a bit of an increase in rentals available for the new year and then a slowdown again.

I am also not finding a lot of rental properties by owners. I think if folks are moving out of town they find a management company to handle their rental. My suspicion is that this is much more convenient for all. If the owner of your property lives in a distant state and the heat is not working, you would want prompt action, and the owner wouldn't want to deal with it long distance. So the property management provides a service, but that does increase the monthly cost.

I have to keep reminding myself that just because I want to find a rental at a certain price point, doesn't mean something that is acceptable really exists. I'm probably going to have to pay more than I want.

By large properties, do you mean apartment complexes? To find single family homes or townhomes you can use a popular map search function which has a real estate search feature, and also hotpads.com is fun and easy to use. I personally like to use a map based interface.

Don't forget the newspaper...frustratingly old fashioned but the Raleigh News and Observer website does have rental ads.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:26 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,835,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by librarySue View Post
Dark, I am so confused...on this thread the OP got recommendations for:

Apartments.com
craigslist.org
zillow.com
realtor.com

yet you made a Moderator cut: no real etate recommendations

If those first few don't count as real estate recommendations, and we don't know what kind of link you did cut, can you please clarify what exactly a real estate recommendation is?

The cut was for a specific, *local* real estate agency. That's considered a recommendation and strictly not allowed under the Terms of Service.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:12 AM

1,361 posts, read 2,273,099 times
Oops, sorry I missed the part by owners. We tried to be by owners but Craigslist won't let us post, apparently some problem alot of people are experiencing. I will tell you I've seen some of the property management homes on Craigslist as well. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary