Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2011, 09:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,508 times

Advertisements

I am considering a job working for Research in Motion. Since I will be moving my young family to the area, I want to get as much information about the company as possible.

It is my understanding the Durham office opened about a year ago and hired mostly ex-Ericsson employees.

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about the Durham office? Any idea of work environment? Possible lay-offs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 10:24 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,594,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
I am considering a job working for Research in Motion. Since I will be moving my young family to the area, I want to get as much information about the company as possible.

It is my understanding the Durham office opened about a year ago and hired mostly ex-Ericsson employees.

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about the Durham office? Any idea of work environment? Possible lay-offs?
The RIM office is actually in Cary. It is off of Weston Parkway (Harrison Ave exit off of I-40) in an office complex. Supposedly HTC is renting nearby (but moving to Durham soon) and so is a small Nokia office (although they may have also moved, to an office in Regency Park in Cary).

The office contains mostly ex-Ericsson and ex-Sony Ericsson employees as a result of both of those companies imploding in the last 2 years. The Ericsson employees started it about a year ago, and then many of the Sony Ericsson employees went there this past spring.

I have not heard anything about this office. I do have LOTS of ex-coworkers that are there (I worked for Sony Ericsson for 4 years before leaving this past sprint when they shut down). No talks of layoffs.

What will you be doing for them? Most of the people that I know are in R&D (software development and test).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary