Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 12:17 PM

306 posts, read 1,192,562 times

Advertisements

OK, if 50 is the new 40, and 40 is the new 30, and 30 is the new 20, I think I am middle aged. OK, now I am confused.

Ok, I give up - I AM 41 , and WILL be until my 27 year old daughter catches up with me.

Age is just a number the insurance companies and government pin on us to charge us more money or put us out to pasture.

So, there. Are you confused - are you having a senior moment?? Uh huh, I thought so.

People in their 20's brag about their youth, people in their 30's are pleased with their maturity level, people in their 40's are glad they are not in their 20's anymore, people in their 50's are proud of their accomplishments so far, and people in their 60's and older are glad they don't have to take anybody's crap anymore.

Think about it, would you go back to being the way you were at a younger age?? Not me, I like the me I am, although the younger looks and body would be ok with me. No, I do not want to have plastic surgery and wind up looking like Linda Evans!

Ok, little clue - I remember when Kennedy was shot , when Armstrong landed on the moon , and sodas came in glass bottles , aaaahhh the good ol' days.

Char :
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 12:46 PM

47 posts, read 150,048 times
I decided to relocate to another area in my late 20's... Should've done it sooner

Old 07-19-2007, 04:10 PM

5 posts, read 18,703 times
I'm 41, moved here from Wilmington last year (yes, I KNOW people move to Wilmington and not FROM Wilmington, but who likes to be like everybody else.) I have a student in college in Annapolis, 2 dogs, 2 cats and am in the 40/42 area south of Garner. I like this part of the area, but I travel the entire triangle for a sales job and I wish I had spent a little longer looking around before I purchased.

Old 07-20-2007, 11:25 AM

850 posts, read 3,625,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Me too Lauren...I do the ebay thing, selling children's boutique clothing...more of a hobby for me. Wish I could afford to stay home and do it exclusively....
Hmmm...well, why can't you!!??

I love going to yard/garage sales and always thought that buying finds at them would sell great on Ebay or Craigslist. But most of my hobby/biz is web stuff (site design, hosting, etc) and then some. I had my own resume service years ago and stopped doing it when the kids came along (people don't like to wait for resumes if your kid has 104 fever) so I'm restarting that.

Plus other things...have my hands in too many pots. I need to focus in on what will give me a part time income.

Can you tell I am BENT on making an at home income? (please don't anyone with an MLM contact me...I am a staunch anti MLM person) May even do some of that telecommuting stuff at $9/hour.

Where there is a will, there's a way.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:38 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,619,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren4521 View Post
Hmmm...well, why can't you!!??

I love going to yard/garage sales and always thought that buying finds at them would sell great on Ebay or Craigslist. But most of my hobby/biz is web stuff (site design, hosting, etc) and then some. I had my own resume service years ago and stopped doing it when the kids came along (people don't like to wait for resumes if your kid has 104 fever) so I'm restarting that.

Plus other things...have my hands in too many pots. I need to focus in on what will give me a part time income.

Can you tell I am BENT on making an at home income? (please don't anyone with an MLM contact me...I am a staunch anti MLM person) May even do some of that telecommuting stuff at $9/hour.

Where there is a will, there's a way.
Possibly, when we relocate, although I would like to still do nursing on a per diem or part-time basis. I love the design and hosting sites, but haven't mastered HTML yet.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:52 PM

171 posts, read 451,984 times
Default 38 was rough for me too

I view regularly but don't post much here. This is too fun a thread to stand on the sidelines.

I'm 38 going on 39. I found 38 to be tough and finding turning 39 this coming September a bit tougher, I don't know why but I am. I'm hoping that 40 will prove to be anti-climatic.

My wife has been 27 for the past 9 years but still looks every bit as young and beautiful as the day I met her when she was 24 (and I mean that too).

We have two kids, a boy turning 7 in September and a girl turning 3 in August. We also have a spoiled beagle who is 9 (I suspect there's some Jack Russel in her too).

Depending on when our house sells here in Connecticut, I am hoping our Christmas present to each other, with DebbieF's help, will be a move to the Raleigh area (otherwise it will be sometime after Christmas - but it will happen). I'll be working from home and my wife will be "retiring" to stay home with the kids. Hopefully a slower and less complicated pace of life with more time to spend together as a family.

Oh, and by the way DebbieF - after meeting you, if you hadn't mentioned your age here and if I didn't know about your kids or when you were IBM'ed to Raleigh, I wouldn't have put you a day over 35 with an easy pass for 30.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:14 PM

164 posts, read 690,427 times
I am in late 30's. Grr,, I feel old..lol. saying late sounds old..lol. Fiance is gonna be in early early 40's very soon sounds better, early early..lol.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:53 PM

62 posts, read 75,728 times
I am 51 and fabulous and have really been enjoying this site. Lots of interesting topics to read and respond to.

Old 03-15-2016, 08:12 PM

230 posts, read 255,646 times
Even though this thread is almost 9 years old, I like it. I'm 20-something for another month. Husband is 8 years older and we have a 4yo.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:30 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,925,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVentive View Post
I am 29 and have a 1-year-old.
Oh my - that 1 year old is now about to turn 10 years old - and her sister is about to turn 7! And I'm not 29 anymore either...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary