Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2011, 11:11 AM

260 posts, read 638,105 times

Advertisements

Anybody who has been there.. Can you share how long you think it takes to enjoy all parts of the water park? Rides and fun are the main attractions for us. I am thinking to setup 3 day/2 night trip in April.

Any feedback/opinion/advice ?

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 11:38 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
We haven't been yet. I tried to get reservations last weekend, on a whim. They were booked except for one room that was about $499 per night. I passed on it!

Since I'm now getting emails from them, I see they do offer specials and much better pricing, as long as you book a bit in advance.

Get on their email list so you can get the offers. I know that doesn't answer your questions but hopefully, it will help you get a better deal when you do go.

Vicki

Old 01-29-2011, 12:52 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,188,310 times
1 overnight has been enough for us. Concord is smaller than Williamsburg. No hottub, a couple less slides so one day is enough. We leave early in the morning, can usually check into our room early and hit the waterpark that day then again the next day before we leave. You have to check out the next day at the stated time, but still have use of the waterpark for the whole day. Be prepared that it may be quite cool in there in April. We've been in June, November and late March and were cold in both November and March. They claim it is a constant 84 degrees or whatever, but there have been a lot of complaints that both the air and especially the water are NOT a constant temperature. I've heard MagicQuest can take up a bunch of time, but I think the price is outrageous. The arcade is fun and good for a couple hours of entertainment.

And try to get a room on the first floor, if possible. The elevators are slow and busy. Being on the "waterpark" level is super convenient to the water, the arcade and snacks.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:14 PM

718 posts, read 2,972,993 times
1 night is plenty. Go early, they have changing rooms and lockers if your room isn't ready, enjoy the park, leave to eat dinner tons of options, Concord Mills etc. Go to sleep, wake up and enjoy the water park and then go home.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:58 PM

46 posts, read 140,195 times
We went for 2 nights in December and it was plenty of time...the food is not great and over priced, but there are a ton of places to eat about 2 minutes down the road....we found the water to be a little cold, but we all had a great time and can't wait to go back!

Old 01-29-2011, 08:26 PM

65 posts, read 191,976 times
I was not impressed. The water was cold and the air temp as well. My son ended up coming down with a cold while we were there. On Sundays, they close the slides early (7:30?) and weekday mornings don't open until 10AM or something like that so we had too much downtime, IMO. I didn't get any sleep either because it rained while we were there and it was very loud, must be the type of roof they have, not sure. The mattress was cheap and uncomfortable. Having said that, my boys do love it. I think next time we may try the one in VA and my husband may take them on his own.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:53 AM

154 posts, read 389,486 times
One night is probably enough.

If your kids still have too much energy buy them the MagiQuest game and challenge them to do it without using the elevators.

The last time we were there (November) we stayed a Saturday night. The next morning there was a card under the door with our bill offering to extend our stay for another night for 1/2 price. So if you do decide to stay an extra night ask them for a good deal (as long as the next day is a school day).

flamtap

Old 01-31-2011, 10:55 AM

488 posts, read 1,554,730 times
1 night is really enough because you have two days you can use the park and then do Magiquest that night when they get bored of the water park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary