Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 12:03 PM

22 posts, read 28,292 times

Advertisements

zthatszmanz28- Nice to meet you. Yes, preferably near Hospitals would be ideal for me and my family =) My sister is looking in Wake Forest. We plan on going in the next few months while she is in the process of buying to start scouting out our areas. I would like to be near her. Always nice to have family around.

Twingles: Thats wonderful that your sisters moved too, and your parents. My sister is going this summer. I will miss her and her family terribly. I am close to my nieces. Thank you for the advice.. totally makes sense, its not just moving schools.. my son is going to be a NY boy moving to NC and I would love him to be as young as possible so the move is as smooth as can be. Gives me alot to think about. Esp with my sister moving now. Her kids are close in age with mine. Its scary.

Frank: Nice to meet you! I was in Hoboken a few months ago, trying to visit Carlos Bakery. Don't know if you have heard of it, he has his own show and the liine was out the door and wrapped around the block. We don't go to Manhattan, maybe once a year, so I wouldn't miss it much. =)

Ncer: My sister in law lives in York Town Heights WestChester.. sorry you are moving to Chicago if you love NC. I can understand how hard that must be with no family around. Goodluck selling your house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 01:20 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,228,719 times
Welcome to the board, Charmedrn! And I hope we'll be saying "Welcome to NC" in a few years!

Vicki

Old 02-01-2011, 02:48 PM

Thank you Vicki, Nice to meet you.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:10 PM

746 posts, read 2,246,854 times
thanks, Charmed (boy that feels funny!) Anyhow - good luck finding a job here - lots of medical stuff in this area in just about all disciplines - not sure about hiring though. And good luck selling yours, too! We will miss it here - but being together trumps any great feelings about an area. When I said "I DO" I didn't mean from 1,000 miles away all the time!

Old 02-01-2011, 05:17 PM

So true Ncer! At least you will be together, and I am sure Chicago has its great areas and good points. I have never been there. =) Do you know where you are going?

Old 02-01-2011, 06:48 PM

he works in downtown chicago - so anywhere within 45 miles is good for us. We're targeting the west burbs - probably west of Naperville. Chicago is lovely. It's not NY - nothing is - but it definitely has a whole lot to offer. Love it, and I know our kids will love it too. And we'll be within 2 hours of some familiy, 6 hours of extended family, and an hour from a whole lotta people hubby works with!

Old 02-01-2011, 06:58 PM

I have to say, there was a board that wasn't at all NYC based but I knew a bunch of the people off line when I was there ... and with the title of this thread we would have had a blast ... there would have been a zillion threads, probably the first one would have been "new to the broads"

Old 02-01-2011, 07:01 PM

6 posts, read 12,115 times
Welcome Charmedrn! I've been talking to your sis..I'm hoping to relocate soon to NC. Good luck with your planning!

Old 02-01-2011, 07:21 PM

59 posts, read 131,967 times
Hello, Welcome to the boards! We are also from Staten Island and are moving to NC next month or so. I wish you luck in your search!

Old 02-01-2011, 08:28 PM

Thanks you everyone. =)

Nycer-sounds wonderful, you will have so many people around you. goodluck relocating. =)

Wow lots of Staten Island relocators.. that says alot huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary