Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 07:58 PM

1,515 posts, read 6,983,517 times

Advertisements

Just thought I would pass this on, I made a wrong turn and ended up in the shopping center with Starbucks off of Hwy 70. Ended up grabbing dinner to go at "Greeko's". Got a chicken pita and a side salad.
Soooooooo good!!!!
You dont really see it from the street and unless you are at starbucks every day, you might not even know it's there! So, we got some greek now in Clayton! Yee-haw!

Also, KOBE.
Same shopping center, just on the end. Its like Kanki. Japanese food with show. Absolutely wonderful. The food is soooooooooo good. I also recommend the sushi. We had one that was a cucumber wrap. I made a total ass out of myself trying to bite into it instead of putting the whole thing in my mouth. Yeah. Whole table laughed but I am one to laugh at myself so it was all good.

Anyway, I'm ready to be a bit more adventurous. (however you spell it).
What else is there worth checking out in CLAYTON that is NOT on hwy 70?

I'm starting to feel like a hush puppy at Smithfields.
Help me out people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 09:25 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,620,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
Just thought I would pass this on, I made a wrong turn and ended up in the shopping center with Starbucks off of Hwy 70. Ended up grabbing dinner to go at "Greeko's". Got a chicken pita and a side salad.
Soooooooo good!!!!
You dont really see it from the street and unless you are at starbucks every day, you might not even know it's there! So, we got some greek now in Clayton! Yee-haw!

Also, KOBE.
Same shopping center, just on the end. Its like Kanki. Japanese food with show. Absolutely wonderful. The food is soooooooooo good. I also recommend the sushi. We had one that was a cucumber wrap. I made a total ass out of myself trying to bite into it instead of putting the whole thing in my mouth. Yeah. Whole table laughed but I am one to laugh at myself so it was all good.

Anyway, I'm ready to be a bit more adventurous. (however you spell it).
What else is there worth checking out in CLAYTON that is NOT on hwy 70?

I'm starting to feel like a hush puppy at Smithfields.
Help me out people.
Maybe a City-Data Forum Meet Up at Greekos??? Just a thought....

Old 07-19-2007, 04:19 AM

Ha ha ha!
They would LOVE that!
Its pretty small though. We would probably have to hit up McCalls or something, they have ALOT of seating, more seating then their actual food bar.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:54 AM

850 posts, read 3,625,969 times
Hey Heather,
We ate there the day they opened. I am ALWAYS at the Wild Birds Unlimited store in that same strip. I was so excited about being able to have greek again. AND while the pita sandwiches we had were good, I have to say that I was so disappointed that they really don't have much GREEK food!!!! I am so craving a falafel pita with tahini sauce. So just a warning that its not REAL greek food. I think they have a gyro and you can order some hummus and that's about it for the greek food.

Sorry to be a downer on it but as I said, it was tasty...just not what I was excited for.
Lauren

Old 07-19-2007, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren4521 View Post
Hey Heather,
We ate there the day they opened. I am ALWAYS at the Wild Birds Unlimited store in that same strip. I was so excited about being able to have greek again. AND while the pita sandwiches we had were good, I have to say that I was so disappointed that they really don't have much GREEK food!!!! I am so craving a falafel pita with tahini sauce. So just a warning that its not REAL greek food. I think they have a gyro and you can order some hummus and that's about it for the greek food.

Sorry to be a downer on it but as I said, it was tasty...just not what I was excited for.
Lauren
You know..I got their menu to go and I was just reading it. You're right, they are not an offical "Greek restaurant", more like a pita-to-go joint. But, its still nice. There is a greek restaurant in Cary called "Spartucus", they may have closed, I'm not sure. They had some of the best greek food around!

And I also love Wild Birds Unlimited.
I want my backyard to be nothing but bird feeders and houses!

Old 07-19-2007, 12:25 PM

567 posts, read 2,141,577 times
Default Other ideas

The Coffee Mill downtown

Sweetwater's in Selma (not too far away)

Venero's Pizzeria is on 70, near the intersection with 42 East. But it's kind of away from all of the other "stuff." Great Italian food.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin1264 View Post
The Coffee Mill downtown

Sweetwater's in Selma (not too far away)

Venero's Pizzeria is on 70, near the intersection with 42 East. But it's kind of away from all of the other "stuff." Great Italian food.

Havent been to sweetwaters, will have to check it out!
I do love veneros though. The waitstaff is super nice!

I dont drink coffee but I do love the flipside. Occasionally, some of my friends will play there. I really wish they would EXPAND! Its hard to get a table there sometimes.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:48 PM

139 posts, read 550,712 times
I think Sweetwater's closed-maybe back open?
I mourn Louise's New Orleans-wish it had worked out.
Love the Flipside too-no coffee ferrick?-HORRORS!
Has anyone been to Main Steak or that other cafe downtown?

Old 07-20-2007, 05:02 AM

214 posts, read 663,900 times
I ate at Sweet Waters once. My parents love it, but I wasn't overly impressed. But they did have some wonderful cheesecakes.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:29 AM

419 posts, read 1,397,683 times
Main Steak in downtown Clayton is fantastic. If your on a budget, try going there for lunch. Same great food but at a lower price.

Sweetwater in Selma is another good one. I was there a few months back so I'm not sure if it's still open. Lots of unique menu options. I had the redneck reuben which was very good. Cheesecake was good too.

Another good steak restaurant in the Clayton area is Chops on Cleveland School Road. All the steaks are dry aged and are on display when you walk in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary