Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 09:33 PM

519 posts, read 982,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Crabtree was allowed to over-expand again and again with very bad results.

A piece of garbage of a mall.
Yes, let's close the mall tomorrow. /snark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 09:34 PM

Supposedly, there was a cheerleading competition in the area this weekend. I saw A LOT of cheerleaders and their families in the mall over the weekend.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsbadmojo View Post
We thought we'd McCormick and Schmicks for dinner on Friday. Around 5:30, the wait was about 2.5 hours. For mall seafood. We went elsewhere and I vowed to stay away from Crabtree at all costs for the remainder of my life. That's the worst urban planning I've seen in the Triangle.
Many people were eating out this weekend to celebrate Valentine's Day since the holiday is in a Monday this year.

Restaurants like McCormick and Schmicks that allow reservations always seat those people first and then walk-ins are seated on a first come-first serve basis. That's one reason why the wait can be so long at Maggiano's in Durham as well on a Friday night.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:41 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
Quote:
We thought we'd McCormick and Schmicks for dinner on Friday. Around 5:30, the wait was about 2.5 hours. For mall seafood. We went elsewhere and I vowed to stay away from Crabtree at all costs for the remainder of my life. That's the worst urban planning I've seen in the Triangle.
You were angry at the mall because you wanted dinner at a very popular restaurant and even though you went on a very busy night, you didn't want wait the 2.5 hours? So, now you won't return to the mall. Ok. Don't go back. That will be one less person fighting for my parking space!

However, if you expect to go to a popular restaurant on a weekend night and have NO WAIT, you may be setting yourself up for disappointment. No matter how bad the economy is, it seems like folks still like going out to dinner, in this area!!! And I expect since tomorrow is Valentine's Day, many folks were smart enough to go out to dinner a day or two early. Some even thought to have reservations!

Y'all quit picking on my mall!!!

Vicki

Old 02-13-2011, 09:45 PM

400 posts, read 563,887 times
Quote:
That's the worst urban planning I've seen in the Triangle.
20 years ago when I moved to Raleigh, it was on the edge of being in the sticks.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esas View Post
20 years ago when I moved to Raleigh, it was on the edge of being in the sticks.
For reference, it would be nice for someone to find a picture of what Crabtree Valley Mall and the surrounding areas looked like from the time the mall was built to now.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:38 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
I hate going to Crabtree now.

I do, however, have fond recollections of the many years when I loved it. Ditto the old North Hills mall. I worked retail in both.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:26 PM

1,036 posts, read 1,953,566 times
Triangle Town Center is so much easier to get in an out of. Crabtree is not well-positioned. I try to stay away as much as possible.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:25 AM

351 posts, read 770,403 times
Quote:
That's the worst urban planning I've seen in the Triangle.
And that's why Russell Allen gets paid the BIG BUCKS!

Old 02-14-2011, 05:58 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyenortheast View Post
And that's why Russell Allen gets paid the BIG BUCKS!
Do you ever watch the city council meetings? Russell Alan and city staff report to the council and recommend not to do something becasue of their research and then the council just says "yeah that's nice" and approves the project anyway.

The council almost never listens to Russell Alan. It is amamzing he hasn't resigned out of frustration years ago.

FWIW - Crabtree Mall is built in a flood plain. It use to be an old farm pasture. Nothing should have ever been built there in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary