Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 03:17 PM

862 posts, read 3,549,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmickey View Post
Anyone living in the house besides kids have to be on the lease.
Not true. The kids have to be on a lease (never heard of any rental not necessitating children being listed) along with their birth certificates, SSNs, etc. on file. If anybody moves in or out, you have to notify the housing authority within 10 days. If anybody is born, dies, adopts a child, fosters a child, etc. they have to notify. If the child is over 18, they have to go through a thorough background check just like the head of household. Failure to do so is grounds for losing the voucher.

If anyone is caught engaging in certain behaviors, which may or may not include being arrested (conviction not necessary), the voucher can be taken. If your guest is engaging in certain behaviors, the voucher can be taken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 03:42 PM

843 posts, read 2,100,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mia78 View Post
Not true. The kids have to be on a lease (never heard of any rental not necessitating children being listed) along with their birth certificates, SSNs, etc. on file. If anybody moves in or out, you have to notify the housing authority within 10 days. If anybody is born, dies, adopts a child, fosters a child, etc. they have to notify. If the child is over 18, they have to go through a thorough background check just like the head of household. Failure to do so is grounds for losing the voucher.

If anyone is caught engaging in certain behaviors, which may or may not include being arrested (conviction not necessary), the voucher can be taken. If your guest is engaging in certain behaviors, the voucher can be taken.
Thanks for pointing that out. I type way slower than my thoughts. I was thinking everyone on lease besides kids get the backround check, and everyone needs to be on the lease.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:50 PM

24 posts, read 83,768 times
I guess the whole point is that the folks who are in charge of the Grove need to do a better job of screening their tenants. I know I know you cant prevent 100% of the crime that occurs, but some sort of change has to be made. Does anyone know who the management company is?

Its nice to see the stepped up police presence in this area, but frankly I just see them giving out tickets, but then again that may be good in calming the traffic too....unless its me that gets a ticket

Old 02-28-2011, 11:17 AM

128 posts, read 282,912 times
I noticed the same - but people do drive to fast along that stretch of Green Level Church Rd so not a bad thing that the additional police presence is ticketing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisdad View Post
Its nice to see the stepped up police presence in this area, but frankly I just see them giving out tickets, but then again that may be good in calming the traffic too....unless its me that gets a ticket

Old 03-02-2011, 06:10 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,864,857 times
Default Cary Park Town Center to get Police sub-station

The good news for Cary Park residents is that a Police sub-station will be opened soon. In a unanimous vote, the town council set aside $70,000 to develop a temporary police outpost in Cary Park within weeks or months. The town is planning to put the substation in the shopping center where a 19-year-old held seven people hostage at a Wachovia bank branch Feb. 10.

Cary News | Cary Park gets police outpost to ease fears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermat View Post
I think WRAL's suggestion in the hostage thread is spot on and the Mayor and Police Chief should take use of the shop units immediately as a temporary Police office to demonstrate a physical presence at Cary Park Town Center which must have the worst crime stats in the Triangle based on the amount and seriousness of the incidents in the last 10 months. With the 100's of millions of dollars invested in West Cary it is vital that urgent action of this nature is taken to stem 'reputational damage' and maintain the momentum that has kept pace even during the recession years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRAL
perhaps Cary Police should take residence in one of the empty shop units at Cary Park Town Center immediatley, and stamp down on this crime wave before it damages Cary's reputation on all the 'best places lists'. I am sure the Developer would welcome this and give free rent as the Police presence would help move the empty units. It would also save the cost of building a new Police Station.

Old 05-26-2011, 03:20 PM

128 posts, read 282,912 times
So anyone know whats happening with regard to the Police sub-station at Cary Park Town Center? almost 3 months has passed and I have seen no sign of any activity. Also, the 'increased police presence' in this area didn't last very long .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermat View Post
The good news for Cary Park residents is that a Police sub-station will be opened soon. In a unanimous vote, the town council set aside $70,000 to develop a temporary police outpost in Cary Park within weeks or months. The town is planning to put the substation in the shopping center where a 19-year-old held seven people hostage at a Wachovia bank branch Feb. 10.

Cary News | Cary Park gets police outpost to ease fears

Old 05-26-2011, 10:13 PM

4,304 posts, read 5,990,141 times
I know they started the Project Phoenix (http://www.townofcary.org/Departments/Police_Department/Community_Services/projectphoenix.htm - broken link) program to help train apartment landlords in screening tenants, increasing communication, and dealing with issues that arise. The Grove at Cary Park is one of the participating complexes. Project Phoenix will have a total five officers on the beat, with three already working and two more being hired with the new budget.

Haven't heard anything about the substation though.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:46 AM

91 posts, read 180,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRAL View Post
So anyone know whats happening with regard to the Police sub-station at Cary Park Town Center? almost 3 months has passed and I have seen no sign of any activity. Also, the 'increased police presence' in this area didn't last very long .
The Town Manager talked about it at the council meeting last night. I believe they are still negotiating the lease or purchase of the property.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:04 AM

2,932 posts, read 7,825,031 times
I've seen cops a lot. Even some checkpoints relatively recently on O'Kelley Chapel Rd. Cops have been pulling people over almost every morning on McKrimmon going east just before 540.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:18 AM

66 posts, read 337,294 times
We live in Cary Park... the last information we heard about Project Phoenix was that The Grove was NOT participating in the project. We were told that the owners/managers of apartment complexes did not have to take part, but were encouraged to. Specifically it was mentioned that The Grove had said no to the program (and the list of participating apartment complexes were announced- which I do not remember which ones). I hope the previous poster has new information and that The Grove is now taking part in the program. Police presence? Yes, it has gone down, but it is more than it used to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary