Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 05:18 PM

41 posts, read 92,664 times

Advertisements

I am not a big fan of cooking so how far are restaurants like olive garden, outback, zaxby's, applebees, etc.? I also need opinions on High Schools in these areas too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 05:24 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,608,820 times
Most of these chains can be found in Garner, about 15 minutes north.

EDIT: There is a Zaxby's in Fuquay, and I think one in Garner. There is an Outback in Garner. There is an Applebees in Fuquay. The closest Olive Garden is in Cary (Crossroads Mall). If you do a search with Google Maps you can find them all.

Last edited by NewUser; 02-14-2011 at 05:42 PM..

Old 02-14-2011, 05:28 PM

thanks for your reply!

Old 02-14-2011, 06:28 PM

11 posts, read 13,135 times
I am a Fuquay Varina Native, i have lived here my whole life. Fuquay has many resteraunts most of them standard fast food Wendys, Mcdonalds,Taco Bell, Bojangels. Fuquay also has an Ruby Tuesdays and an Applebees, and 2 god Mexican resteraunts as well as a few pizza places. The high schools in the area are alright I guess. I Graduated from Fuquay Varina High School back in 2008 its was an average school I guess. Its not terribly run down, the teachers were for the most part nice except for a few such as Mrs Cotton my Spanish teacher, she was a mean old lady. Overall id say Fuquay Varina high school is a decent school.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:34 PM

Default Are there any military families living in FV/Angier area?

May be relocating to this area due to BRAC/Forscom realignment to Bragg and wondering if any other military families in the area?

Old 02-15-2011, 03:43 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,955,993 times
We call Main St. in Fuquay, Restaurant Row. Chik-Fil-A, Arby's, McDonald's, Cookout, Bojangles, Zaxby's, Wendy's.... your standard fast food. If you want something other than fast food, I recommend Daniel's on Main or Andy's Burger joint off of Airpark Dr and Hilltop Needmore.

As far as schools go, Fuquay High School has gotten mixed reviews from what I have researched. Some people absolutely love the school and teachers, while I have heard some pretty bad things from people who have either pulled their children from FVHS or are planning to find another alternative.

I did much research about FV Middle and after all the great things I heard and read about the school, we decided to enroll our kids. Bad decision! We have been nothing but disappointed in the school. Wake County in general has really disappointed us.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:01 AM

6,455 posts, read 9,822,257 times
Yes there are lots of military in Fuquay Varina and Angier. I live in FV and have a few families in our neighborhood alone.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
We call Main St. in Fuquay, Restaurant Row. Chik-Fil-A, Arby's, McDonald's, Cookout, Bojangles, Zaxby's, Wendy's.... your standard fast food. If you want something other than fast food, I recommend Daniel's on Main or Andy's Burger joint off of Airpark Dr and Hilltop Needmore.

As far as schools go, Fuquay High School has gotten mixed reviews from what I have researched. Some people absolutely love the school and teachers, while I have heard some pretty bad things from people who have either pulled their children from FVHS or are planning to find another alternative.

I did much research about FV Middle and after all the great things I heard and read about the school, we decided to enroll our kids. Bad decision! We have been nothing but disappointed in the school. Wake County in general has really disappointed us.
Sorry to hear you have been disappointed. What I am concerned with are discipline problems in the school? Do you know if FVH has a lot of problems with gangs, drugs, fights? Thanks for your input!

Old 02-15-2011, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Yes there are lots of military in Fuquay Varina and Angier. I live in FV and have a few families in our neighborhood alone.

Do you ever hear them speak of what the commute is like to Fort Bragg?

Old 02-15-2011, 09:14 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,955,993 times
Drugs and fighting are problems anywhere you go (not that we should turn a blind eye). FVMS has had some real issues with drugs and violence/bullying. One kid was suspended a few weeks back for bringing alcohol to school. Fights break out in the hallway and it takes teachers 15 minutes to respond. Kids go to the downtown areas of FV to smoke pot. The park across from the middle school is a pot smokers hangout as well. I can only speak from experience with these things at the middle school. Most of these kids will be entering FVHS soon so who knows what issues will rollover. I only know these these things because I hear it from my kids who attend school there.

A few other issues I have had with the school are teachers telling children to "shut up" or discussing personal issues of their own with students during class time. I am constantly hearing negative things from my kids about their day at school and frankly I'm not going to be putting them through that anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary