Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 07:01 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times

Advertisements

Again...it all comes down to if you are trying to find the negative in every situation or the positive. For people that are so paranoid to think that "someone" is trying to get something over on them...maybe renting is the ideal situation for you. Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2006, 07:31 AM

463 posts, read 1,650,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Again...it all comes down to if you are trying to find the negative in every situation or the positive. For people that are so paranoid to think that "someone" is trying to get something over on them...maybe renting is the ideal situation for you. Vicki
I think it's a fact of life that there are people who will try to "get something over" on others in just about every walk of life, but in particular when it comes to selling something. I don't consider recognizing that "paranoia." I think the people that have posted on this thread have made valid points or asked valid questions. I don't understand what appear to be attempts to sweep them under the carpet or to negate the experiences that people have had. Frankly, I think it's good for people to know the downside of a seller's disclosure. It helps them be better informed and IMO, makes wiser buyers.

Cassie

Last edited by Cassie; 08-25-2006 at 08:21 AM.. Reason: additional thought

Old 08-25-2006, 07:32 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,906,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grass Is Greener View Post
Agree! After I read the warranty in my new home I was really surprised to see the number of items that are not covered.

Grass - What does your warranty actually cover / not cover ?

Old 08-25-2006, 08:42 AM

693 posts, read 2,760,212 times
as far as i understand, none of the landscaping. if the entire sod and/or all plants don't take, i'd need to replace on my own. i am entitled to 1 caulk repair. 1 drywall repair. 1 concrete crack repair. No paint fading or cracking.

Old 08-25-2006, 08:45 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,906,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grass Is Greener View Post
as far as i understand, none of the landscaping. if the entire sod and/or all plants don't take, i'd need to replace on my own. i am entitled to 1 caulk repair. 1 drywall repair. 1 concrete crack repair. No paint fading or cracking.

Is there a time period?? For ex sometimes drywall cracks from settling don't occur right away -

Are the applicances covered by the builder or the manufactuer?

Now I wonder if and when you call them for anything covered, how long does it take for them to come and repair and if so will they try to get out of it for some reason - I guess time will tell but hopefully, they did everything right and you won't need to find out

Old 08-25-2006, 09:28 AM

693 posts, read 2,760,212 times
there is a 1 year warranty from the builder and an extended warranty from a third-party. all appliances covered by manufacturer. As far as their responsiveness to come back and fix things, only time will tell. I've heard from different people different builders that is usually not easy to get a builder to come back and fix things but I have to see what will be the case with my house.

Old 08-25-2006, 03:00 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,187,022 times
Quote:
I did a search for 1994 houses and there is only one built that year in sunset ridge....that house can easily get blacklisted.
It is still listed so that may be it. They are STILL holding our deposit as of today even though we have received 1 estimate already and are waiting for the copy of the second estimate. Guess they don't want to have to clean it up and try selling it to another unsuspecting person. According to our realtor nothing on the listing has been changed to indicate a mold issue. Shouldn't that be something someone should know right away instead of finding out by reading the disclosure later?

Old 08-25-2006, 04:34 PM

180 posts, read 733,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncsmomndad View Post
It is still listed so that may be it. They are STILL holding our deposit as of today even though we have received 1 estimate already and are waiting for the copy of the second estimate. Guess they don't want to have to clean it up and try selling it to another unsuspecting person. According to our realtor nothing on the listing has been changed to indicate a mold issue. Shouldn't that be something someone should know right away instead of finding out by reading the disclosure later?
WE ALL KNOW ABOUT IT HERE NOW!!!!!!!!!!

CONSIDER IT BLACKLISTED!!!

Old 08-25-2006, 06:58 PM

30 posts, read 75,766 times
The poor gal has been under such duress with this contract, she is only looking for support from folks on the forum here. I would be beside myself if I had a contract problem; talk about stress and this is a whole new terrain for her and her family.... my hat's off to her and her family and for a resolution on this scenario....

Old 09-28-2007, 08:07 PM

20 posts, read 66,533 times
Did you find a decent lawyer to represent you? Can you recommend them? I'm anticipating having trouble getting earnest money back from a seller who was just playing with us (family dispute, aging mother). We offered 99% of selling price. Have a 2k limit on repairs and we can walk but I think they are going to be difficult. I also want to sue them for the time/money they made me waste. My hands were tied for further hunting and they had clearly no intention to sell. Shouldn't they have advertised to sell "as is" since that was their intention, so we found out? Also, they made false statements on disclosures. Mold remediation would cost tons. What a drag. Good buyer, bad seller. Any advice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary