Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2011, 10:08 PM

286 posts, read 749,863 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have been considering joining a gym. We took the tour of Healthtrax in Raleigh recently. The gym seems nice, with all the equipment/amenities one would need including a pool. However, the membership (which includes all classes) seems a little more expensive than some of the other comparable gyms I have researched.

I am looking for opinions of Healthtrax from current and/or past members.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 06:23 PM

103 posts, read 279,477 times
If you are looking for a resort-like facility with all the bells and whistles you should check out Lifetime Fitness in Cary. If you don't need all that you should visit one of the Lifestyle Family Fitness or O2 Fitness locations near you. I have been a member of Lifestyles for awhile now, locations near my home and business so that works great for me.

Any of these fly-by-nights like Rapid Fitness, or smaller clubs i'd stay away from as many have closed in recent years. I'd stay with the larger, better capitalized companies personally for this reason among others.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMortgageGuy View Post
If you are looking for a resort-like facility with all the bells and whistles you should check out Lifetime Fitness in Cary. If you don't need all that you should visit one of the Lifestyle Family Fitness or O2 Fitness locations near you. I have been a member of Lifestyles for awhile now, locations near my home and business so that works great for me.

Any of these fly-by-nights like Rapid Fitness, or smaller clubs i'd stay away from as many have closed in recent years. I'd stay with the larger, better capitalized companies personally for this reason among others.

Thanks for the response.

Lifetime Family Fitness locations is too far away. We are going to check out O2 next. However, was hoping to get some input from current/past Healthtrax members.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:49 PM

187 posts, read 345,424 times
I realize this is an older thread, but thought I'd say that I'm a member of Healthtrax, but seriously considering ending my membership once the contract period expired. It's a really nice facility, and close to home and work, but the staff are just gosh awful rude. The classes are nice, but I wish they were offered at more/better times.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetelf View Post
I realize this is an older thread, but thought I'd say that I'm a member of Healthtrax, but seriously considering ending my membership once the contract period expired. It's a really nice facility, and close to home and work, but the staff are just gosh awful rude. The classes are nice, but I wish they were offered at more/better times.

Not an old thread. Thanks for your response.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:47 AM

Not a good sign....only one response from a Healthtrax member.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:11 AM

Anyone......

Old 03-25-2011, 11:00 AM

14 posts, read 38,080 times
I visited it and went on a tour and was very impressed. However, I thought it was pretty expensive as well. I liked the atmosphere and vibe, very laidback ... nothing like Gold's in North Hills, which I did not like at all. The biggest issue I had, though, is the pool hours being kind of restrictive. I'm a swimmer so that's important to me. Especially when I'm paying *that* much for membership.

I decided to join Planet Fitness for the time being, since my job isn't the most secure in this economy and $10/month with no commitment is great! I really like it.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:38 PM

90 posts, read 267,219 times
Thumbs down Rude Staff

I have been using this facility for the past year and a half and I am done with it. The staff are pretty rude. They also seem to have some interesting rules about the use of the facilities just so they can accommodate the partnerships with other healthcare groups that use their facilities.
I also am not seeing a tolerant attitude towards kids. I would stay away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary