Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2011, 09:11 AM

2 posts, read 13,690 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. Can anyone tell me what is going on with Hasentree. I have been watching since Toll bought and they have just released new Executive homes. However, does not seem to be a lot of discussion about Hasentree when others ask about places to live in Wake Forest. Any thoughts?
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 10:40 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,880,413 times
It's because it's off 98 (not the bypass) and north of most stuff. That's not to say it's too far. I have a friend who lives nearby and loves the location.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:52 AM

306 posts, read 720,668 times
And the price point for these houses is higher.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:53 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,867,265 times
Toll Bros had a full page in yesterdays N&O advertising their "Grand Opening" at Hasentree with Golf Villas from the mid $300's, Executive Collection from the upper $400's and Signature Collection from the upper $600's. Presumably they have increased the hosuing density compared to the original development plans where the homes were $1m plus. Not sure how the watershed issues with Falls Lake were resolved but obviously must have been.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:41 PM

1,036 posts, read 1,955,210 times
It seems like a good place to live if you'd like to avoid the rabble. There are some lower-rung homes in the area, but Toll Brothers seems to have done a good job of disassociating themselves from the run-of-the mill people surrounding the development. If you're looking for an upscale community where you can be shielded from commoners, I think this is your place.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:19 AM

58 posts, read 360,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermat View Post
Toll Bros had a full page in yesterdays N&O advertising their "Grand Opening" at Hasentree with Golf Villas from the mid $300's, Executive Collection from the upper $400's and Signature Collection from the upper $600's. Presumably they have increased the hosuing density compared to the original development plans where the homes were $1m plus. Not sure how the watershed issues with Falls Lake were resolved but obviously must have been.
Not so! The original lot sizes are still intact. The price points in the newspaper are "starting" points... The actual price of a low end golf villa is closer to 550,000 and the executive model is pushing 2 million. So far Toll has done a good job of taking over the reigns and sticking to the original plan.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:52 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,349,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3timecharm View Post
Hi everyone. Can anyone tell me what is going on with Hasentree. I have been watching since Toll bought and they have just released new Executive homes. However, does not seem to be a lot of discussion about Hasentree when others ask about places to live in Wake Forest. Any thoughts?
Thank you!
I have watched Hastentree rise from within the Forest of Wake Forest and fall into the bankruptcy abyss. In rode Toll Brothers to save the 'lots' sort of speak. So it has gone through a Renaissance of sorts recently. The front gate no longer is closed nor do I see a guard at the front gate with all the TV screens. The early days of Hasentree had homes in the million and muti-million range. Beautiful homes and in some cases down right castles in their own right and I believe some are still empty. Monuments to the whole high end rel estate bust of 2007 but that is in the past.

Hasentree IMHO is a nice location nestled within Falls Lake or at least very near Falls Lake access points. Still pricey considering location, amenities, and today's home price/points. Competition is keen in that area especially in the $500K - $700K range, one only has to look to St. Ives for that range that is close to shopping, highway access, and comparable amenities less the golf coarse. Heading west on 98 it competes with Ethans Glen again less the golf coarse. If golf coarse is a requirement than Heritage and Wakefield Plantation offer more than Hasentree if being built up and mature are the yardsticks.

So Hasentree is a tough sell based solely on its location IMHO.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:53 PM

58 posts, read 360,934 times
"... The front gate no longer is closed nor do I see a guard at the front gate with all the TV screens. The early days of Hasentree had homes in the million and muti-million range. Beautiful homes and in some cases down right castles in their own right and I believe some are still empty...."

Well, I live there so I fear that I come off as defensive when responding but I have to correct a couple inaccuracies:

1) The front gate was never closed. Hasentree Club Dr is a public road, and it is not and never was permitted to be closed. Now don't ask me why they put that little guard house there in the first place. I've got no logic to offer there!!!

2) The guard is still there. The tv screens don't flash the security camera views anymore, they tape to a hard drive. But they're still there.

3) All the monster homes are sold. The epic one that was on parade is owned by a pro basketball player. It was a short sale, but it's sold. I think most of the short sales have gone, but I'm not a real estate agent so I don't really know for sure.

Hasentree is a *little* farther out but with the bypass open I can literally be to Target in 5 minutes. I drove farther than that to get places when I lived in CA...

Old 02-21-2011, 03:07 PM

2 posts, read 13,690 times
I think we all fell in the housing market abyss to be honest. Sure wish my house was still worth what is was back then
I have been there a couple of times over the last year. I think the amenities are actually very nice. From what I understand, after all the development has been through, the facilities were well cared for and maintained throughout the transition. I have been to Wakefield and Bedford, Preserve Gov Club, as well and quite a few others in the area. Everything has good and bad points for each individual - trade offs.
I don't understand the commoners comment from an earlier post. Seems like in all the communities we visited there were plenty of nice people out and about. I just wondered why there has not been much discussion since the bk issue was resolved. Guess everyone was just waiting to see what happened...like me.
Thanks all, for your input. Wake Forest is a beautiful area (as is most of the triangle even though there seems to be some sibling rivalry going on) and to me you all seem pretty lucky to call it home.
Have a nice day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary