Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2011, 07:11 AM

128 posts, read 290,281 times

Advertisements

We're renting now but planning to buy sometime in 2011. New to the area, so we don't have any great connections yet, but we have looked at a few open houses and have talked to one agent so far. Nothing has 'clicked' yet, and I'm wondering if anyone can suggest some general directions (local agencies vs national firms? big sellers vs smaller more focused brokers? etc) and maybe PM me with specific recommendations if you have them. I know it's against the terms of service to post names etc on here, but if you've had any experiences in Chapel Hill real estate and you want to pass info along, I'd be glad to hear it.

Oh, and we're pretty committed to buying in CHapel HIll or maybe Carrboro - am I right in thinking that we would be better served by a realtor in Chapel Hill, one who knows the market and lives/works locally? or should we consider Durham agents as well?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary