Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2007, 12:50 PM

20 posts, read 106,094 times

Advertisements

does anyone know of any SMALL towns that has buildable land on a river?? I'm looking for marsh front property, but not too far on the coast bc job will be in raleigh and will need to commute...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 04:36 PM

306 posts, read 1,190,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn2412 View Post
does anyone know of any SMALL towns that has buildable land on a river?? I'm looking for marsh front property, but not too far on the coast bc job will be in raleigh and will need to commute...

Are you aware that Raleigh is about 2 hours from the coast??

Char

Old 07-23-2007, 07:24 PM

yes, i do realize that....but if i was to commute to work everyday, 2 hours would be a little far....

do you know of any river or lake close to raleigh?

Old 07-23-2007, 07:34 PM

115 posts, read 462,876 times
[quote=jenn2412;1127726]yes, i do realize that....but if i was to commute to work everyday, 2 hours would be a little far....
QUOTE]

i think that's what char was getting at, i misunderstood your question too. I thought you were planing to live on the coast and commute into raleigh.

waterfront property doesn't seem to be quite as common here, but good luck in your search.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:43 AM

2,270 posts, read 9,124,516 times
I've heard of this for lake front, but haven't seen it:

Large lakefront property for sale near Raleigh, N.C., at Hidden Lake, Crescent Communities' luxury gated community (http://www.crescent-resources.com/communit/hiddenlake/ - broken link)

Old 07-24-2007, 10:34 AM

83 posts, read 351,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn2412 View Post
Give me an idea of how much you want to spend on a home, land size and the number of bedrooms and bathrooms and I might be able to tell you where to look! Also, what part of Raleigh are you commuting to?

Old 07-24-2007, 01:09 PM

sorry for the confusion!!

i don't know many details yet, such as where exactly in raleigh the job would be, or the specifications of a future home. i just wanted to see IF there was property that existed. we are still in the possiblity phase of this raleigh idea, and didn't have any luck with "googleling" it.

thanks for the website, J_Lurk, it was helpful!

Old 07-24-2007, 02:06 PM

3,380 posts, read 7,735,339 times
If you want waterfront property that has a dock for a boat, etc., then there isn't much close to Raleigh. Lake Gaston is probably as close as anything like that. There are lakes with homes on them in and around Raleigh. We have a lake in my neighborhood, for instance. But these are for viewing, not for touching, so to speak. Maybe a kayak or canoe, but not a power boat.

Generally people either have a weekend getaway somewher e like Gaston or they trailer to the 2 large lakes, Jordan and Falls.

Old 07-24-2007, 03:14 PM

1,994 posts, read 5,945,968 times
You can look in Alamance and Chatham county along the Haw River, and below Jordan lake along the Cape Fear. I know theres some houses with docks and motorboats on the cape fear near lillington. These will all put you 30-60 min from raleigh. There's likely some undeveloped land along the Neuse in Johnston county between raleigh and clayton as well.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:14 AM

20 posts, read 59,593 times
That is the kind of place we originally were looking for, also my husbands first pick. We lived on St.Simon's Island years ago and love the marshy areas with the creeks and wildlife. I also would need to commute to Raleigh or Durham, If you find something, keep me in mind. I still plan to investigate those options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary