Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 07:19 PM

1,521 posts, read 2,765,612 times

Advertisements

Good call on the sides - they are amazing. Mac & cheese is some of the best in the area. Collard greens are also awesome.

Im telling you, this place is a must go even if you are looking at the combo thinking its wierd...try it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 07:41 PM

635 posts, read 1,617,402 times
Ate there with a group the week before last - everyone loved what they had. Heard the grits were a good side, but I had a nice little side salad as mine. Had the meal that was 3 fried wings on a blueberry waffle and tasty schmear. Was very good!! Only complaint is that it's slightly overpriced for what you get (about $1.50 or so less per entree would be more reasonable), but I will definitely go back for an occasional very tasty meal.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:06 PM

1,106 posts, read 3,533,827 times
Been there twice. Both times they were closed. No hours posted on the door. Haven't been back since. Maybe one day but I have already been inconveinenced twice.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:26 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,918,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike052082 View Post
Been there twice. Both times they were closed. No hours posted on the door. Haven't been back since. Maybe one day but I have already been inconveinenced twice.
That drives me up a wall too. That's restaurant 101; put the hours (ideally big enough to see from the street) on the front door. Get a web page, and if the hours and address are not the first thing you see, fire the designer.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:22 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,149,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsbadmojo View Post
That drives me up a wall too. That's restaurant 101; put the hours (ideally big enough to see from the street) on the front door. Get a web page, and if the hours and address are not the first thing you see, fire the designer.
First thing I saw on the link provided:

Quote:
Originally Posted by webpage
[CENTER]HOURS[/CENTER]
Monday 11am-3pm
Tuesday-Thursday 11am-8pm
Friday-Saturday 11am-10pm
Sunday 11am-3pm
But I still say that it's not for me. I can see the appeal, just not my kind of place. (Maybe because I don't have a sweet tooth, it just doesn't appeal to me. For a $11 lunch, there's a lot of other things I'd do first...)

Old 02-28-2011, 09:12 AM

76 posts, read 194,997 times
I went to Dame's Chicken and Waffles for the first time this weekend (went early because last time there was an one hour wait on Sunday) for brunch and it was great. Everyone I went with was very pleased with their dishes and couldn't stop talking about the chicken. The mac and cheese and like nothing I have ever tasted, I will go back for that if nothing else. Overall, the experience was good and the food, well it was great. Which speaks for itself, we got to the restaurant before it opened at 11am (Sunday) and there were already 2 groups of people there. Before we left, the place was packed with at least 5-7 more groups waiting to be seated.

Advice for Bmateo, hey don't go. Dame's seems to be doing quite well for itself. And as mentioned before they are a just getting started and I don't think they were expecting the crowds that they are consistently getting. But, I am sure that they are open to suggestions, especially if it will make the customers experience run more smoothly.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:07 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,059,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike052082 View Post

Same here! I tried to go on a Saturday night and they were closed. And I checked the website first so I know I was there during their regular operating hours. I called them about it and they said sometimes they may close a few hours early if they haven't been too busy. Bad idea if you ask me. Unpredictable operating hours make me less likely to try them again.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:34 PM

1,521 posts, read 2,765,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
Same here! I tried to go on a Saturday night and they were closed. And I checked the website first so I know I was there during their regular operating hours. I called them about it and they said sometimes they may close a few hours early if they haven't been too busy. Bad idea if you ask me. Unpredictable operating hours make me less likely to try them again.
This is definitely an issue for them - also they often open late. At one point the hours on the site said 11 but the door said 11:30 as I recall, so we showed up at 11 and it didnt open until 11:45.

Again, they just seem like good hard working folks who are restaurant rookies. They mean well, trying their best....the food is worth it. In fact I may go tonight

Old 02-28-2011, 03:53 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,166,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
This is definitely an issue for them - also they often open late. At one point the hours on the site said 11 but the door said 11:30 as I recall, so we showed up at 11 and it didnt open until 11:45.

Again, they just seem like good hard working folks who are restaurant rookies. They mean well, trying their best....the food is worth it. In fact I may go tonight
Good hard working dummies who will find themselves out of business if the novelty for the public wears off before they've learned how to run a business. Honestly, predictable hours of operation isn't some newfangled running-a-restaurant technique. It's common sense for ANY business ANYwhere.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:29 PM

915 posts, read 2,382,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post

Not exactly a restaurant newbie. The owner was also the one behind Blue Mountain Catering which was in the same location before Dame's.

I agree, unpredictable hours will kill a restaurant. When they first opened back in October, their hours were very wacky. Some times open at night, some times not. It really was unfortunate, too, as it took two months before I actually got a chance to try it.

I think they've been better in the past few months about being open when they say they will. Also, they are a lot busier now, so there's less chance that a slow night will see them closing early.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary