Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2011, 06:28 AM

242 posts, read 594,131 times

Advertisements

Hi, we just relocated to Cary and are renting a townhouse in Cary Park. I enjoy living in Cary, think the schools and people seem wonderful, the area has everything we need, and I love the laid-back friendly no-rush feeling I get when I visit different places in the Raleigh-Durham area.
We want to start looking for a single-family home in a friendly, family-oriented, unpretentious community in Cary or Apex with sidewalks, trees, and swimming pool for under $500K (preferably brand new with 3-car garage, but will look at some built in the 2000s).
Can anyone recommend neighborhoods that have (or will have) this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 08:49 AM

77 posts, read 696,710 times
I live in the Harmony neighborhood, right off Highway 55 behind Turner Creek Elementary School. It is VERY family-oriented... hardly a day goes by that I don't drive home and see families walking or kids playing in driveways. There is a nice clubhouse with a pool, playground and tennis courts, and it's convenient to 55, 540, 64, 40...! (in fact once 540 gets constructed, it'll be just around the corner).

Feel free to message me if you have any questions. It's a relatively new neighborhood... we moved here in October of 2007 and it was still under a lot of construction then, though it's mostly finished now.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:59 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
Greystone, Amberly, Highcroft Village, Woodcreek, Weycroft, Sunset Oaks.

The part of Morrisville with a Cary address is West Cary and the part of Cary that is closer to Ten Ten/Kildaire Farm Road is South Cary. They are miles and miles apart. Some even have an Apex address but are in Cary.

Those listed above are the brand new n'hoods.

If you go into the model home without your buyer's agent, remember, the onsite agent works for the builder and they don't often tell you the incentives that are available to buyers. Nor will they tell you that they negotiate but they do!

Vicki

Old 03-05-2011, 09:08 AM

3,239 posts, read 3,541,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincesses View Post
Hi, we just relocated to Cary and are renting a townhouse in Cary Park. I enjoy living in Cary, think the schools and people seem wonderful, the area has everything we need, and I love the laid-back friendly no-rush feeling I get when I visit different places in the Raleigh-Durham area.
We want to start looking for a single-family home in a friendly, family-oriented, unpretentious community in Cary or Apex with sidewalks, trees, and swimming pool for under $500K (preferably brand new with 3-car garage, but will look at some built in the 2000s).
Can anyone recommend neighborhoods that have (or will have) this?
OP, what are your requirements in terms of proximity to work and in which direction does your family work? Do you like your current location? Cary Park has an occasional house for sale for <$500K, all built in the last 10 years. [Although, the time to deal seemed to have been last year as we have a couple of friends selling in that price range, who sold in ~30-60 days with only minimal discounting in the last couple of weeks].

Old 03-05-2011, 06:21 PM

242 posts, read 594,131 times
Thanks for all your comments. My husband will be working in Raleigh (near the government buildings). Traveling up to 1/2 hr is not a problem, as he commuted for over an hour for 15 yrs. We do love the area we're renting in now...Cary Park & near Amberly. Our church is in Apex and I like the area near Beaver Creek also. Decision, decisions..

Old 03-05-2011, 07:24 PM

81 posts, read 173,450 times
If you like the Beaver Creek area check out some established developments such as- Haddan Hall, Cameron Park ,Dogwood Ridge,Pearson Farms etc.,-all great family neigborhoods with tons of kids (today I was playing hockey in full goalie gear for all the kids on my cul de sac-OUCH-Go Canes!!!). Apex has a very unique downtown-love the coffee shop and Peak City Grill!!

Old 03-06-2011, 07:37 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,341,017 times
If you like Apex, then Haddon Hall is a great family community right across from Beaver Creek. Also, you can hop immediately onto HW 64/1 and head into downtown Raleigh if that's where your husband works. According to google maps, it's about 12 mins faster than going from Cary Park/Amberly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary