U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2011, 07:02 PM

120 posts, read 284,201 times

Advertisements

Hello. Raleigh has a St Patricks day parade Sat 3/12... Anyone ever been? Worth checking out???
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 07:56 PM

814 posts, read 1,896,786 times
It is a lot of fun. In fact, my almost 9 year old has asked to have her bday party at it.

It is much more "free for all" than, say, the Christmas Parades. I think pretty much anyone that pays the entry fee can march. So, you will see anyone from the Larry's Beans's skate boarding by, to the Parrotheads, to the various dance groups, etc. etc. It is our favorite parade. Very silly.

And fun cause its crowded, but not as crazy packed as the Christmas parade.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:07 PM

81 posts, read 164,787 times
It's alot of fun!!!- great people and very nice crowd- I even bring my dog to meet the Golden Retrivers from Neuse Golden Retreiver Rescue group who march in the parade. Man's best friend plus green beer-have to love Raleigh!!!

Old 03-08-2011, 06:40 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,736,816 times
If the weather is decent, I'm absolutely going. This will be my fourth year. We go down, park in the public courthouse garage, eat lunch at Mecca and then enjoy the parade. If you haven't been to Mecca Diner, check it out - it's like stepping back in time 50 years, and the food is good.

I love the Sibsy Cline hot air balloon gondola, but it was absent last year. I also love whichever lodge does the little trucks, oh, and of course the Irish dance troupes.

It's fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary