Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2011, 02:14 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times

Advertisements

There is a new restaurant on the corner of Strickland Road and Creedmoor Road, in the same shopping center as the Kroger.

It used to be an Italian restaurant and I can't remember what it was before but currently, it is a hamburger/pizz/wing place called CHOW.

Hubby and I ate lunch there today.

We started off with wings as an appetizer...6 wings for about $6.

Hubby had a burger (they claim they ground their own beef), which was very fresh and delicious...$6.

I had a 10" vegetarian pizza...$10. Pizza was loaded with cheese and veggies and hubby who has to have meat all over his pizza, loved it!

We had leftovers until daughter got home!

Food was great, service was great.

I don't know the owners but there was a guy who came around and asked how everything was. I always think that is a nice touch!

Really good food, decent prices.

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 03:32 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,246,884 times
I saw that yesterday on the way to Margeaux's and wondered about it. Will check it out, thanks for posting!

Old 03-12-2011, 03:33 PM
jhk

108 posts, read 256,120 times
Kevin and Stacy Jennings. Same owners as Coquette, Vivace, Frazier's and Porters.

http://chowraleigh.com/chow.pdf

Old 03-12-2011, 07:28 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,580,857 times
Thanks for the heads up! Sounds like a place I'd enjoy.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:36 PM

306 posts, read 1,136,647 times
Yeah, a fun place to go. Lots of local beers on tap. Hugely popular with families with youngsters. We went there on Friday at 6pm with my 10month old and it seemed like every table had a high chair next to it.

I loved the 'Flatline' burger. Appropriate name given the contents. I lived on salad for a week afterwards.

M

Old 03-14-2011, 11:29 AM

544 posts, read 852,491 times
Went there with the spouse recently. I had a burger – was very good. Factor in the fries and it’s a lot of food. Spouse had a sandwich and side salad. Here’s the concern, which I also overhead from the table behind us:

On the menu under Salads is the Chow House Salad, which comes with sliced almonds and cran-raisins (or something like that)

When you order a sandwich or burger, you can select a side dish. One of those choices is a House Salad, but it does not come with the almonds and cran-raisins. So the contents of your House Salad will vary depending on what part of the menu it comes from.

They should probably re-name it Side Salad. The waitress did bring some almonds and cran-raisins. There was similar confusion at the booth behind us, although the woman also sent the salad back, saying the lettuce was wilted.

Service was fine. Friendly with out being overly intrusive. The way the place is arranged, I’ll bet it gets very noisy on weekends. It could use some architectural elements inside to break up the one-big-room feel of the place. Will probably go back at some point to try some of the other things on the menu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary