Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2011, 09:21 AM

175 posts, read 912,462 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a handyman in the North Raleigh area. Someone who's reliable, skilled, honest, and doesn't break the bank. Preferably someone who can do a range of tasks--from simple to complex.

(I searched this forum and found some older posts so I’m looking for up-to-date suggestions.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 01:35 PM

2,904 posts, read 5,906,263 times
I was selling a rental house that need a ton of odds and ends done that I didn't have time to do. My realtor recommended Roland at 919-747-9717. He was around $250-300 per 8 hour day (depending on what you need and market conditions - I think probably closer to $250 or even lower nowadays, haven't spoken to him in a while).

Among other things I can't remember, he replaced the hardwoods in the foyer, vinyl flooring in all the bathrooms, fascia boards on the outside of the house (which required gutter removal, replacement, and repair), fixed broken tiles on the fireplace, fixed tile issues in the bathrooms, installed a new sink drain with garbage disposal, and much more. I think I had hired him for a total of 3-4 days over the course of a few weeks. Very nice guy, knowledgeable, reliable, and generous enough to tell you what makes the most sense to do and what will cost too much compared to the end result you're looking for. I think he lives not too far away from that house, which was near the 540/401 intersection.

Be sure to discuss who will pick up the required materials. He preferred if I did it, but we arranged it to where I got the items at HD or Lowes, paid for them, and left them there with his name on them (they wouldn't fit in my car) and then he picked them up. He also has a builder account with a local supply place that might save you also. You can call with his account number, place the order, pay for it, and he'll pick it up. Just be sure to discuss it first.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:58 PM

4,000 posts, read 10,812,984 times
I will PM you.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:41 PM

175 posts, read 912,462 times
Thanks to you both!

And I realized I should have written "handyman or handywoman" in my original post...either one is fine!

Old 03-13-2011, 01:35 PM

2,602 posts, read 3,120,869 times
Call Tim @395-0887. I don't recall his last name, but he does good work without robbing people. I used to work some in Raleigh with him before his last boss left town. Tim was 1 of his right hand men.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:19 PM

30 posts, read 65,219 times
Call House Medic. Very reasonable and great work.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:01 PM

2,904 posts, read 5,906,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
I was selling a rental house that need a ton of odds and ends done that I didn't have time to do. My realtor recommended Roland at 919-747-9717. He was around $250-300 per 8 hour day (depending on what you need and market conditions - I think probably closer to $250 or even lower nowadays, haven't spoken to him in a while).

Among other things I can't remember, he replaced the hardwoods in the foyer, vinyl flooring in all the bathrooms, fascia boards on the outside of the house (which required gutter removal, replacement, and repair), fixed broken tiles on the fireplace, fixed tile issues in the bathrooms, installed a new sink drain with garbage disposal, and much more. I think I had hired him for a total of 3-4 days over the course of a few weeks. Very nice guy, knowledgeable, reliable, and generous enough to tell you what makes the most sense to do and what will cost too much compared to the end result you're looking for. I think he lives not too far away from that house, which was near the 540/401 intersection.

Be sure to discuss who will pick up the required materials. He preferred if I did it, but we arranged it to where I got the items at HD or Lowes, paid for them, and left them there with his name on them (they wouldn't fit in my car) and then he picked them up. He also has a builder account with a local supply place that might save you also. You can call with his account number, place the order, pay for it, and he'll pick it up. Just be sure to discuss it first.
Oops, that's his old number. His new number is 827-5017
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary