Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2011, 02:30 PM

68 posts, read 152,822 times

Advertisements

Hi Moms!
I've just moved to the area with my 3 yro, 2 yro, and 9 m old (and teenagers too!) I am hoping to get a little help finding other mothers with children of similiar ages to mingle with. I am not sure where the moms go with children (aside from the library and cultural center) to play. I have been to the Crowder park and the Womble park, but did not come across kids quite as young as mine. Can anyone give me a hand...or point me in the direction of moms groups or clubs? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 02:52 PM

44 posts, read 181,395 times
Welcome to the area! When I moved here, I had a lot of success meeting other moms in a Meetup group that is no longer operating - but you might want to poke around the Meetup.com website and see if you can find another group. I did a quick search and found this one - Stroller Strides of Raleigh Moms Group (Raleigh, NC) - Meetup. Or, you may want to check out TriangleMommies.com. I have heard people have success meeting other moms if they join that network....

Another idea is to enroll your child in The Little Gym in Holly Springs - I made some of my closest friends in those classes, although that may be a challenge for you with all of yours so close in age. I would also highly recommend Ritter Park, which is down on Lochmere drive not far from Kildaire Farm Rd. A lot of younger children go to that park because it's smaller, and you can easily keep your eye on all of your kids (vs Crowder, which seems to be geared toward a little older kids)...and there's a great sandbox there. Aside from that, preschool is another great way to meet all the other moms - if you don't have your 3 year old enrolled yet, I would be happy to recommend some in your area - feel free to message me. Good luck!

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 03-10-2011 at 09:17 PM.. Reason: Links to competing sites are not allowed.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:12 PM

118 posts, read 275,399 times
Check out Veteran's Park as well- it is located in the middle of Sunset ridge & Windcrest subdivisions- we go there quite a bit and I made some friends there as well. Usually Mom's w/ younger kids there.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLmom77 View Post
Check out Veteran's Park as well- it is located in the middle of Sunset ridge & Windcrest subdivisions- we go there quite a bit and I made some friends there as well. Usually Mom's w/ younger kids there.
Thanks!

Old 03-11-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumsygirl View Post
Welcome to the area! When I moved here, I had a lot of success meeting other moms in a Meetup group that is no longer operating - but you might want to poke around the Meetup.com website and see if you can find another group. I did a quick search and found this one - Stroller Strides of Raleigh Moms Group (Raleigh, NC) - Meetup. Or, you may want to check out TriangleMommies.com. I have heard people have success meeting other moms if they join that network....

Another idea is to enroll your child in The Little Gym in Holly Springs - I made some of my closest friends in those classes, although that may be a challenge for you with all of yours so close in age. I would also highly recommend Ritter Park, which is down on Lochmere drive not far from Kildaire Farm Rd. A lot of younger children go to that park because it's smaller, and you can easily keep your eye on all of your kids (vs Crowder, which seems to be geared toward a little older kids)...and there's a great sandbox there. Aside from that, preschool is another great way to meet all the other moms - if you don't have your 3 year old enrolled yet, I would be happy to recommend some in your area - feel free to message me. Good luck!
Thank you so much!I already have the 3 and 2 year old in preschool. I will check out both meetup and the park you suggest. Thanks!

Old 08-02-2011, 01:38 PM

108 posts, read 347,238 times
There is also a Holly Springs moms playgroup that you can get info on in the Hurrahs! brochure (Holly Springs Parks and Rec). I know most of the moms have preschool aged kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary