Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 08:24 AM

32 posts, read 53,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
Kids at grandparents, about to head out in a bit!!! On aside note, wouldn't mind some "purple rain" to get rid of some of this pollen.
How did you like it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 01:05 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,881,608 times
I loved it. My tickets got upgraded for free as well. Fortunately I didn't leave when he initially left the stage so I saw the entire encore.

The best part was he only performed songs that everyone wanted to hear. The most current song he sang was "Most Beautiful Girl in the World". His rendition of "sweet thing" with Chaka Khan was awesome as well. When she had done her set I commented to my wife on how could she not do that song. I found out why later on. It was Chaka Khan's birthday yesterday, BTW.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:08 AM

1,106 posts, read 3,526,900 times
Just so people know as well. Prince has a history of performing the night before his show at a local club. The club isn't allowed to promote it though so you kinda have to be in the know. He did a club in Raleigh this time for about 70 people. Can't quite remember the name of the club though off hand. It wasn't a big one.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:55 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,881,608 times
Man! I just found out he did a second encore!!!!!!!! After the lights were on and the roadies were on stage11111 DMSR from the 1999 album!!!!!! Next time I'm not leaving until they tear the stage down!!!!!!

Last edited by macjr82; 03-25-2011 at 03:07 PM..

Old 03-26-2011, 12:28 PM

553 posts, read 1,269,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmann View Post
We saw him the last time he was at the RBC... great show except he was not performing some of his earlier racier songs. He did do an acoustic version of Little Red Corvette that brought the house down.

Wish I had the funds to go this time but have already committed the funds elsewhere. Maybe next time if he decides to tour again.
He doesn't do his racier songs since becoming a Jehovah's Witness. But, I could tell he really wanted to.

Awesome show. Well worth the price. I'm just bummed that I missed the second encore!

i wonder if there is video of the woman trying to booty slap him? That was hilarious!!!!

Old 03-26-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Man! I just found out he did a second encore!!!!!!!! After the lights were on and the roadies were on stage11111 DMSR from the 1999 album!!!!!! Next time I'm not leaving until they tear the stage down!!!!!!
Me too!!!!

Old 03-27-2011, 12:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,264 times
I just got home from seeing Prince perform at the Greensboro N.C. show. OMG I had the time of my life and my feet are killing me!! I know I stood up the entire time. We had great seats front row section 107 seats 1 and 2, right by where the performers go back stage. I have seen him in concert 3 times and this by far was the best... Oh yeah did I mention as he was leaving I held my hand out and he grabbed it. So yes I did get my wish HE TOUCHED ME!!!!! He is worth every dollar and I will always be a loyal fan!
Shannie Wannie

Last edited by Shannie Wannie; 03-27-2011 at 12:13 AM.. Reason: missed a digit in section 107

Old 03-27-2011, 03:27 PM

32 posts, read 53,264 times
Quote:
Yeah, that's what I was referring to in my post above. I stayed for the first encore, left after that, and got a call and text message that he was coming back out to do a second encore, so I ran back in, LOL!!

Old 03-27-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannie Wannie View Post
I just got home from seeing Prince perform at the Greensboro N.C. show. OMG I had the time of my life and my feet are killing me!! I know I stood up the entire time. We had great seats front row section 107 seats 1 and 2, right by where the performers go back stage. I have seen him in concert 3 times and this by far was the best... Oh yeah did I mention as he was leaving I held my hand out and he grabbed it. So yes I did get my wish HE TOUCHED ME!!!!! He is worth every dollar and I will always be a loyal fan!
Shannie Wannie
Sooooo jealous!!!!!!

Old 03-28-2011, 06:42 AM

754 posts, read 1,690,878 times
We had a great time in Greensboro as well. Great performer. For all of the seasoned Prince vets, does he usually walk around the entire floor before every show? We were in the upper deck but that was amazing to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary