Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2011, 02:33 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,016,708 times

Advertisements

Yesterday the kids and I went to Sweet Spoons, located the Wakefield Shopping center with the Kroger and Movie Theater. Here is a link to the place, and let me say it is YUMMY!

Sweet Spoons - Frozen Yogurt

It is self serve frozen yogurt (they have 6 flavors) and then you can add toppings. The yogurt is 45 cents an ounce, so you can load it up, load up toppings, or not, just depends on what you want to spend. The toppings are also self serve, with sweets to fresh fruit, so it is a very nice alternative!

My kids loved it, and I loved it! You guys should check it out.

Leigh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 02:51 PM

1,357 posts, read 4,021,296 times
Sounds like Marmalade Skies and Skinny Dip in Cary but they are 39 cents an ounce (hey, it adds up lol). I prefer Skinny Dip myself because they have various bowl sizes unlike Marm Skies that has a massive bowl that you feel weird not filling.... I spend $6 on avg at Marm Skies and $2.50 at Skinny Dip! Anyways, just putting in a plug for other self serve froyo places- love them! It'll be a sad day when the self serve froyo and cupcake shop bubbles burst!

Old 03-14-2011, 03:24 PM

821 posts, read 1,458,119 times
Yes, I like SD and Marmalade Skies, as well - though my preference is for Marmalade Skies, since they're a one-shop operation . They also have all-natural sugar free flavors (only the sugar free part really matters to me, but the all-natural is kinda nifty for people who are into it!).

Funny how 10 years ago, the only 'soft serve' I could find was at D'lites Emporium in N. Raleigh...too bad they're no longer around, but glad for new options!!

Old 03-14-2011, 06:57 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,665,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest12 View Post
Funny how 10 years ago, the only 'soft serve' I could find was at D'lites Emporium in N. Raleigh...too bad they're no longer around, but glad for new options!!
I worked at 2 TCBY's and 1 'I can't believe its yogurt' in highschool in the mid 90's... all in raleigh (all closed now LOL)

theres a tcby in triangle towne center - upper level

since i overdosed on it back then, i havent had the urge for any so ive no desire to seek it out- even after all these years LOL

Old 03-14-2011, 07:38 PM

835 posts, read 2,873,567 times
Sweet Spoons is definately sweet on my list!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary