Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2007, 06:32 PM

8 posts, read 38,047 times

Advertisements

Is it true 540 will cross over west lake road directly next to a new development being buit asking between 700 to 800? The new development is called Brookshire Manor. I can't believe they would build such expensive homes when a highway is planned to be directly next to it. Is it possible there are alternate routes planned? Are realtors required to disclose this information? When I emailed the DOT the only information I received was that the route has not been finalized that far out. To me that just does not make sense. Thanks for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 07:19 PM

281 posts, read 1,108,301 times
That area seems to be in the path of 540..and it is not set in stone, but for the most part the lines are drawn out to cross that area. As far as disclosure, I am not sure, I don't think it would be considered a material fact, but I do believe it should be disclosed if known. I would ask the developer directly if he/she knows where 540 is going and see waht you get. I would do a lot of research before writing a contract if you are very concerned. I hear it is a least 12 years out for that leg of the highway.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:10 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,085,180 times
It is my understanding that 540 is supposed to go between Jamison Park & this new development. When we were contemplating our move to the West Lake area I was concerned about how close 540 would be to my neighborhood so I contacted NCDOT for further information and was satisfied enough to purchase a home in this area.

My husband & I looked in those homes in Brookshire Manor and they appear they're going to be very nice homes. I would NOT purchase a house there tho. Too close to the highway even if it is 10-15 years in the future. You never known when it could be fast tracked for completion sooner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary