Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2007, 12:03 AM

20 posts, read 59,721 times

Advertisements

Wondering where new proposed bicycling greenways will go and would like to be near one when we move to the area in a year. Am moving from the Atlanta area in about a year, and love our Silver comet trail, a rails to trails route. Anything similar in the area? Our daughter lives in Raleigh, but I will probably be working at Duke, in Nursing. Willing to travel up to 20 miles to work. Looking at Durham county, will there be a trail near there? I have heard there will be a mountain to sea route through NC. Looking forward to calling NC home. Sounds like a good place to retire in 10 years, Love being so near to the ocean. Thanks for any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 05:45 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,600,206 times
Here is some good info from a previous thread that I believe will answer your question

//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...cary-good.html

The search tool is your friend.

Old 07-26-2007, 07:34 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,037 times
my mom does a lot of biking, she hasn't done the one to the coast in YEARS, but did do it once. She has biked from florida to california, and bikes all over the triangle. She is not a biker who goes fast or rides with a group, but likes to bike everyday and does many different trails. She used to bike to work when she was working! She lives in chapel hill (near 15-501) and would like 8 miles to durham to work (back roads).

She works with the rails to trails group, bikes with elderhostel groups, and knows about the american tobacco trail biking.

Anyhow, pm me your email (if you would like) and I can get you in touch with her. She would be able to answer the whole bike thing very well.

Leigh

Old 07-26-2007, 08:10 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,771,184 times
I'm absolutely loving all the new greenways. I'm almost ready to sell my roadbike and just stick to the greenways instead. I've been reading the excellent blog at the N&O to stay up-to-date (newsobserver.com |Get Out! Get Fit! (http://blogs.newsobserver.com/joemiller/ - broken link)).

I've also checked out the American Tobacco Trail page (The American Tobacco Trail) as well as dug into some of the local town websites, which usually list projects underway (I like doing this for road projects, too).

As the N&O blog mentions, we are getting pretty close to the day where you can ride from Raleigh, through Umstead, Cary, and then ATT to Downtown Durham all on Greenways.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:54 AM

Thanks for all the great information. Towns that promote parks and greenways are wonderful places to live, the main reason my daughter moved to Raleigh from Hawaii!
Linda

Old 07-30-2007, 11:53 PM

Great websites, I am so looking forward to biking these trails. I would be interested in volunteering, also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary