U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2007, 12:21 PM

180 posts, read 627,724 times

Advertisements

I see that lots of big new homes are being built in Southern Granville county. Does anyone know anything about the schools? I know that they aren't as good as Wake County but are they decent? Getting better?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 01:01 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,277,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLamothe View Post
I see that lots of big new homes are being built in Southern Granville county. Does anyone know anything about the schools? I know that they aren't as good as Wake County but are they decent? Getting better?

I live in S. Granville County.
Yes, they are getting better. Alot of focus in the past year has been put on the schools. They brought in a new supervisor, and are also bringing in teachers etc. from other areas to help bring things up to par. They are highly encouraging all parents to get involved and help Granville County Schools step up and move forward.

Last edited by autumngal; 04-07-2008 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: typo of course :)

Old 04-07-2008, 08:01 AM

20 posts, read 44,410 times
I See That You Said The Schools Are Getting Better In Southern Granville. We Are Located In Ohio Right Now But We Are Moving To North Carolina Soon. My Son Is In A Special Class To Help With Is Reading. Are The Schools Good For That. I As A Parent Would Love The Best Education My Kids. The School That He Is In Now Rated Excellent In The State Of Ohio!!! If You Could Tell Me Alittle More About Your Area We Would Really Appreciate It!!! Thank You So Much!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 08:52 AM

4,606 posts, read 7,277,877 times
Here is a link to the Granville County Schools .
And also here are some threads. Creedmoor area
//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...y-schools.html

I would call the schools directly and speak with someone regarding your questions. The schools are considered decent and not the worst.

As far as the area what would you like to know? It's still country quiet, friendly, low crime.
A mix of houses old and quite alot of new subdivisions. Just down the road is Falls Lake. You have easy access to US1 and I-85. So there are some general comments about the area for ya.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:14 AM

11 posts, read 16,074 times
How diverse is Creedmoor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary