Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 11:39 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,925,589 times

Advertisements

Yay! We finally got an offer on our house! Here's the catch - they want to close in 2 weeks! Is that even possible? It seems pretty atypical to me. What do you think? I'm hoping that they will negotiate about it, since we don't have somewhere else to go lined up. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 12:08 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,756,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVentive View Post
Yay! We finally got an offer on our house! Here's the catch - they want to close in 2 weeks! Is that even possible? It seems pretty atypical to me. What do you think? I'm hoping that they will negotiate about it, since we don't have somewhere else to go lined up. Any thoughts?
Congrats on getting an offer!! Whooa! I know of a few people who closed w/in two weeks in Oregon. (Not sure if laws differ here.) 2 of the cases the buyers had 100% cash so the bank was not involved. But in one case they financed the house.

Did they wave the inspection? We made an offer in early May and at that time we had to wait about 2 weeks to get the house inspected because of the inspectors schedule. But we had the time as we were doing a long close.

If you can't get out in 2 weeks maybe see if they are open to you renting back for a couple of weeks.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Old 07-27-2007, 12:20 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,925,589 times
They are financing, so the bank will be involved. We think they are first time buyers. We think they live in an apartment now and their lease is running out or something like that is our best guess at the moment. They say in the offer that they want to do the inspection by next Friday and then close the Friday after that.

I think I need to go find an apartment that accepts dogs...

Old 07-27-2007, 12:22 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,163,684 times
If you need a pet friendly place, my complex in North Raleigh has no size limits. Northridge Crossings.

Breed restrictions for some breeds considered to be liability risks.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:55 PM

180 posts, read 662,535 times
Congrats!!! We actually just placed our offer on a house two hours ago...I HATE WAITING!! We wrote to close in 4 weeks...I am crossing my fingers that it all works out, for us and the sellers!

Old 07-27-2007, 02:36 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,730 times
Quote:
I would say a two week close is ambitious! The main issues are: financing for them, getting all of that done, because the mortgage lender is going to have to do that, and order the appraisal, etc. Then you the inspection and any repairs they want you to do. Sometimes it takes a couple of days to get all of that done. They have to schedule with the attorney, the attorney has to get the paperwork from the lender, etc.

I don't think it is impossible, but it is tough and everything has to fall into place.

good luck and congrats on the offer!

Leigh

Old 07-27-2007, 04:46 PM

11 posts, read 34,363 times
Quote:
We live out of state and put an offer in on a house last Sunday and will be closing Friday the 3rd of August (12 days). We had an inspection and a radon test done. We had really good people working with us, so it is possible. Good Luck!

Old 07-27-2007, 05:00 PM

1,219 posts, read 4,218,376 times
Yes, it's possible-when we sold our house in 2005, the buyer wanted a 14 day closing-we had multiple offers and took hers, but said 'no way' to that. I couldn't have possibly been out. We did 30 days and it took me till 29 days 23 hrs and 59 minutes to get done moving : ) just about.

Old 07-27-2007, 05:53 PM

420 posts, read 1,397,630 times
We closed in about two weeks on our house here. But, we had full loan approval so that wasn't a problem. We had an inspection within days. It can be done, but it *is a bit more stressful than the "normal" time frame. Congratulations though!

Old 07-27-2007, 07:21 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,385,637 times
They might want to be sure they are moved in before school starts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary