Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2011, 09:07 AM

683 posts, read 1,884,265 times

Advertisements

Good morning. My friend is looking for a low-key restaurant in the Raleigh area (close to the intersection of Lake Boone Trail and Blue Ridge Rd., if possible) to host a breakfast seminar for senior citizens. He planned to hold the seminar at a Golden Corral, but they told him that if he doesn't have enough people attend, they will start seating other people in the area he is presenting in. Are there any other similar-type restaurants in the area that you guys would recommend? I'm not familiar with any other restaurants that serve breakfast and have non-booth seating. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 01:24 AM

19 posts, read 55,889 times
How many people? There used to be a nice cafe at the NC Museum of Art. A Brig's would be ideal, but I'm not sure how far you're willing to drive. There's a new one in Cary at Tryon near Walnut St.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:33 AM

1,357 posts, read 4,027,675 times
Starbucks on Lake Boone has a nice meeting space (closed off from the rest of the restaurant) but it depends on how many are attending.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:53 AM

683 posts, read 1,884,265 times
Sorry, should have mentioned the expected number of attendees. I would say between 30-40.

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, I called the NC Museum of Art yesterday and they said they are not available that early in the morning. I also called Brigs and they said their meeting area is only available on weekday evenings.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:02 PM

1,277 posts, read 3,547,845 times
I don't know if there is one in that area but panera bread and/or cafe carolina in the area might accommodate a group that large - especially if they buy a breakfast spread or cater it in some way. They don't have private dining rooms, but usually have a place that can be cordoned off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary