Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 07:34 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,011,415 times

Advertisements

Any realtors or anyone out there that is familiar with these two neighborhoods that can give me their opinion or feedback on them? Both have Cary addresses yet the Windmere one is essentially surrounded by Apex on the MLS map. Both seem to have decent schools. Anything eye opening I need to know about either one? Community life, kids etc.? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2006, 09:09 AM

463 posts, read 1,651,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD
Any realtors or anyone out there that is familiar with these two neighborhoods that can give me their opinion or feedback on them? Both have Cary addresses yet the Windmere one is essentially surrounded by Apex on the MLS map. Both seem to have decent schools. Anything eye opening I need to know about either one? Community life, kids etc.? Thanks!
Raleigh/ Durham/Chapel Hill/ Cary/outlying areas has its own forum now.
Looks to me like the Administrators have spent a lot of time moving threads there.

//www.city-data.com/forum/raleigh-metro-area/

Cassie

Last edited by Cassie; 08-15-2006 at 10:17 AM..

Old 08-15-2006, 03:55 PM

OOPs did not realize the third forum was already started. Thanks for moving my posts!

Old 08-15-2006, 07:50 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,037,959 times
Default regency

Hi

We used to live across the street from windemere, and it is a nice neighborhood. I believe it is surrounded by apex mls because the city is in the process of annexing most of the area into cary. My old neighborhood (glenmitt stone) just got annexed about 2 months ago, but we were always paying cary tax, etc.

Between the two, regency is bigger, and a little closer to the hospital, harris teeter, etc. But, i really enjoyed the area where windemere is located. There has been quite a bit of appreciation in that area as well.

Anyhow, I don't think you can go wrong with either one!

Leigh

Old 08-15-2006, 08:16 PM

Thank you Leigh this is just the kind of feedback I was looking for. The home we were debating over in Cambridge just went under contract so looks like that is out now. They are selling quicker than we can buy! So the Joh wieland one in Windmere is looking like it may be it. When you say farther from grocery etc how far are we talking about?

Old 08-15-2006, 09:07 PM

Default windemere

What I meant to say, is that you are about 6 miles from the harris teeter, but you are about 1 miles from the lowe's food. And, actually, I think they just built another harris teeter on holly springs road, which is close by. because of the "boom" in the holly springs area, there is quite a bit around the windemere area. We moved into our house just as that neighborhood was being built (our neighborhood is behind cotwold, across the street from windemere). Anyhow, I don't think you can go wrong there, john weiland makes quality homes, hold their value, etc. There are so many neighborhoods that are starting out on ten ten (about 8 miles from there) that you will definitely see an increase in value in a home in windemere. (I own my own real estate company, so I do kinda know what I am talking about!!!!)

good luck. let me know if you have other questions.
leigh

Old 08-22-2006, 11:35 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,190,141 times
Default justj bought in windermere

My DH and I just bought a house in Windermere and should close on it before Sept 5th. We chose it because we liked the Weiland homes but didn't want to pay the new construction prices of the Woods at Sunset Oaks in Holly Springs. I was just there this weekend. The Loews food store is literally 90 seconds from the house. So are various take out type restaurants, PostNet, a bank, etc. The Super Target, movie theaters and Lowe's Home Improvement off 55 in Apex are 12-13 minutes from what I clocked. The Harris Teeter in Holly Springs is less than 5 minutes away. Harris Teeter and Whole Foods on Kildare Farms less than 10 minutes, but I didn't really clock that for exact time. Our kids aren't school age yet so I have no personal experience with the current schools.

Every single person I passed while driving through the neighborhood waved and smiled as I drove past. There are lots of signs of kids too. We kept looking at Sunset Ridge in Holly Springs but couldn't find an updated house we liked so we started looking elsewhere. One house in Holly Springs we put an offer on actually turned out to have toxic mold in it. We are in the process of rescinding our offer, but the agent and owners don't want to let us out. That is another story in itself though!

Old 08-23-2006, 06:20 AM

Default windemere

As I posted before we lived across the street from windemere for about 4 years. I was going to ad, since you have kidlets not yet in school, that trish miller sings songs for kids at the java jive in holly springs (off of holly springs road where the bass lake ale house is and another lowe's food), and also, my daughter went to the resurrection lutheran preschool on kildaire (just before whole foods) and she loved it. AND, finally, we all went to schmidt and catchings family practice. my kids (4 and 2) have seen susie catchings (a pediatric nurse practitioner) since they were born. Anyhow, she is great and her office is in the same shopping center as the whole foods. we kept going for a year after we moved to wake forest (45 minute drive) because we liked her so much.

just a thought.
leigh

Old 08-26-2006, 02:30 PM

I bet you bought the house on Morgansford that we tried to look at last week LOL! We just bought in Sunset Ridge in Holly Springs. Same convienences as Windmere. We really had a tough time making the decision. But we got a brand new home for the same price and it is custom and on a lot that is on a small lake. Once my kids saw that the search was over LOL! I hope you enjoy your new home!

Old 08-26-2006, 03:29 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,190,141 times
Yep, that's the one! We really liked Sunset Ridge, but had a hard time finding just what we wanted. Hubby works out of the house so it has to have a quiet office space away from the kids which isn't the easiest thing to find. We did extensive remodeling to the house we are in now and I just don't want to do that with 2 kids under 3 now so the older homes were out and we didn't want to pay the price for a new Weiland home at Sunset Oaks. Plus, Sunset Oaks is only building on the major through streets right now which is a big turn off with the little ones. It is a tough decision to make. I do wish we had the awesome pools that Sunset Ridge has, but we'll survive without them.

I hope you enjoy your new home too! Stop by sometime since you know where I'll be living!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary