Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:08 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
Amen. I moved because of this situation.
It's a crazy development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 02:58 PM

3 posts, read 4,104 times
I visited the model a couple of times and took a look at a couple of their inventory homes. Their build quality appears to be slightly better than other tract builders (Lennar, MI, Pulte). I'm not too concerned about the closeness to Davis Dr. , but more concerned about whether the homes in the community will hold it's value. If I were to build there, I would hope I can negotiate a fair price. I don't want to get into a situation where I'm overpaying for a home, especially in these economic times.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 04-07-2011 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: Edited out reference to deleted post

Old 04-07-2011, 03:01 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,764,276 times
Considering the price of the first homes there being 1.5 to 2 times the current I can't see them going down too much more.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:26 PM

5 posts, read 5,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Considering the price of the first homes there being 1.5 to 2 times the current I can't see them going down too much more.
It's always better to check with the builder. They may have specials going on.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0l0 View Post
I visited the model a couple of times and took a look at a couple of their inventory homes. Their build quality appears to be slightly better than other tract builders (Lennar, MI, Pulte). I'm not too concerned about the closeness to Davis Dr. , but more concerned about whether the homes in the community will hold it's value. If I were to build there, I would hope I can negotiate a fair price. I don't want to get into a situation where I'm overpaying for a home, especially in these economic times.
We are looking in to buying our next home in Cary/Morrisville area and Chessington is one of them. We really liked the build quality, and feel like it would worth the cost. Will see how it turns out.

You can always go and see the houses currently in progress to see how they build. I also learned that you can use the near-by Twin Lakes' community pool but not sure if there is any fees though.

As far as the buffer to the Davis Dr. goes, there are only a few lots close to Davis Dr, the remaining twenty-something lots are far enough to Davis Dr.

Here are my pluses and minuses:

+Price to Sqft
+Build quality
+Close to Cary and RTP, and shopping centers

-Slow selling community
-Need to go to the Twin Lakes pool
-No playground / space for kids
-Some lots have buffers

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 04-07-2011 at 04:00 PM.. Reason: No discussion of moderator action, per the Terms of Service

Old 04-07-2011, 05:57 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,764,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amg22 View Post
It's always better to check with the builder. They may have specials going on.
I was talking more long term depreciation.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
I was talking more long term depreciation.
Misunderstood. Yes, I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary