Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2007, 05:15 PM

39 posts, read 166,589 times

Advertisements

Can anybody give me their honest assessment of these subdivisions?

I am mostly concerned about safety. I have a wife and little girl who will be born in June. Our budget is very tight and it seems you can get a lot of home for the money in these places.

I would appreciate everybody's open and honest thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2007, 05:29 PM

401 posts, read 1,623,560 times
Both of those neighborhoods should be fine. There are some trouble spots in that part of Raleigh, But not in those neighborhoods. That part of Raleigh is getting ready to "explode" with growth. Actually it already is exploding, which is why houses are cheaper in that area(not for long).

Old 02-10-2007, 08:23 AM

Just wanted to give this a bump back to the first page to see if anybody else could offer their opinion.

Thanks for your response cary.

Old 02-10-2007, 11:27 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,030,382 times
I think it depends on how it works for your commute. I had a friend who lived out that way who I worked with at NC State, and it was good for her commute. I think the area is going to be more up and coming in a couple of years. My only concern right now are the schools, which are not the strongest in wake county, hence the reason my friend moved out of the area. I know school for you guys is at least 5 years away, but it may be something to put on your radar. Are you planning on staying in the home a long time, are you planning on selling in 4 years, etc. The other issue with "selling" is if you are planning on staying in the home for 4 years let's say, then you need to determine where the neighborhood will be at that point, will it be almost built out, completed, or only partially done? Sometimes it is hard to have a resale in a neighborhood with new homes and it can affect your bottom line.

Just giving you a couple of things to think about.

Leigh

Old 02-26-2007, 12:38 PM

8 posts, read 28,937 times
Default Not for me

I looked at both of those subdivisions before I purchased on the *Other* side of Raleigh (near Wake Forest). I am a single mom and I found those neighborhoods much like the neighborhoods off of Poole Road and Rock Quarry. I would have been uncomfortable living there.

Old 02-26-2007, 03:08 PM

As it turns out, my wife and I decided not to buy down there. We have a contract on a house in the Brighton subdivision in NE Raleigh.

I can't say I would have felt unsafe down there, but I certainly would not have completely enjoyed where I was living. We are glad we are on the north side of town, but that is just us!

Thanks to those who shared their thoughts on this subject. We are happy the house hunting process is over. Now we just have to close on the house!

Old 03-12-2007, 02:32 PM

8 posts, read 28,937 times
Default Funny how things work out

I ended up at Brighton also! Welcome to the neighborhood!

Old 07-29-2007, 04:58 PM

404 posts, read 2,615,683 times
can you tell me more about brighton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary