Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2011, 09:43 AM

794 posts, read 1,322,208 times

Advertisements

Has anyone been to Furniture 123 in either Cary or Durham?

They have a Groupon today - $30 gets you $110 in furniture/home accessories. From their website, they look small and am wondering at the quality/quantity of their inventory vs. a larger store.

Also, how do their prices compare? The Groupon won't help me when I go to buy a bedroom suite and find they're 20% more expensive.

Thanks!!

Last edited by fly_widget; 04-12-2011 at 10:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 10:02 AM

475 posts, read 1,572,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_widget View Post
Has anyone been to Furniture 123 in either Cary or Durham?

They have a Groupon today - $30 gets you $110 in furniture/home accessories. From their website, they look small and am wondering at the quality/quantity of their inventory vs. a larger store.

Also, how do their prices compare? The Groupon won't help me when I go to buy a bedroom suite and find their 20% more expensive.

Thanks!!
SO glad you put this up...I saw the groupon too, and wanted to get the same information.

D

Old 04-12-2011, 10:10 AM

821 posts, read 1,456,703 times
I've been to the one in Cary - now, I'm far from experienced in furniture. It seemed to be lower-end furniture, but their prices were really good. They had basic displays, but they did have a lot of books you could look through. It seems that not all of the items in the display would be included in the package price (for example, footboards), but they still seemed to sell decent furniture for the price.
That said, I'd probably check out one of the stores before going groupon...

Old 04-12-2011, 10:49 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,333,477 times
do they sell other home furnishings and accents ala Homegoods, Kirklands, and Pier 1....if so I am in for this Groupon!

Old 04-12-2011, 02:12 PM

9,131 posts, read 14,701,158 times
My wife and I just happened to see the Durham store the other day when we were in the Southpoint area for something else and we stopped in. It is actually quite small (store was maybe 12,000- 15,000 sf if that - close to, but not as big as the typical Wallgreens or CVS in size) and according to the woman we talked to, it has a fraction of their total products, but you can order from catalogs.

She said they are a new concept that Ashley furniture is trying out (recently the local Ashley franchisee went bankrupt, IIRC) and in addition to teh stuff they have thats exclusive, you can get any Ashley furniture there on order also. I had never been in an Ashley store before, but my understanding was that they were on par or maybe a little less quality than Rooms to Go? This stuff seemed the same.

They actually had some nice enough looking pieces and if you like to change your furniture out every few years, no need for heirloom quality so some of this may be OK. If you are looking for something that is long haul, go to Stickley. I did see some pieces that to me visibly looked cheap, like tables that were picture of limestone or travertine marble with thick laquer finish, but their upholstered stuff looked better.

It was definitely inexpensive and we were surprised at how cheap some of it was.

Little if any accessories (lamps and a centerpiece here or therer IIRC) and definitely nothing like Pier One

Old 04-12-2011, 05:20 PM

794 posts, read 1,322,208 times
Default Thanks!

Thanks eveyone for the info. I am 2 weeks away from being in Raleigh full-time so I can't stop by the store to check it out. Doesn't look like it is the store for me. Appreciate it!

Old 04-12-2011, 09:16 PM

371 posts, read 1,216,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
I had never been in an Ashley store before, but my understanding was that they were on par or maybe a little less quality than Rooms to Go?
Ashley's is a bit higher end compared to Rooms to go or Roomstore etc

Old 04-12-2011, 11:20 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,239,943 times
It said you couldn't use it on sale items, so I was wondering too. I've never heard of that store before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary