Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 05:24 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,645,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
If you want to get a feel for the night life in Raleigh here is what I suggest . On any friday night after 11pm drive downtown and park your car and then get out and start walking. Be sure you walk at least 3 or four blocks in each direction. You will get a feel for the city and its exciting "nightlife"... Oh yea be sure your cell phone has 911 on speed dial and you are wearing a good pair of running shoes..
What parts of downtwon were you in? Surely not the areas with all the restaurants, art galleries, and museums. Probably not at the performing arts center, the downtown amphitheater, or the convention center. I'm guessing it wasn't Glenwood South, because there are so many people there on a Friday night after 11pm you probably won't be able to find a parking spot.

I live downtown and walk around after 11pm quite often (no need to drive to and from a restaurant or pub when I can walk). Sure there might be a panhandler here or there (as there is in nearly every American city), but if someone asking you for some change is enough to make you want to call 911 and run for your life, you might have some confidence issues...

Old 05-27-2011, 06:57 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
I'm a bit older, but I know women of all ages here, and it's weird -- I know only 2 people who smoke -- and they are at work. That's it. But it's sad to hear that so many do.
I'm pretty close to the OPs age, and I only have one friend that smokes, and she's trying to quit.

Of course, I don't hang out in bars anymore. I had more friends that smoked back then.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary