U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 02:36 PM

156 posts, read 891,941 times

Advertisements

Hi again..

I know the construction is underway, curious if anyone has actually seen it.
Is it considered a " Nice " part of town..( corner of Fayetteville, Wilmington and Martin).. Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 02:54 PM

103 posts, read 518,212 times
Default I did!

I saw it yesterday! I was in town for business and stayed at the Sheraton across the way. From the outside, it looks pretty good! They have the RBC logo up and all. I'll be curious to see the new Marriott, too!

Old 08-01-2007, 03:25 PM

920 posts, read 2,684,711 times
Last month, I walked by, but it was barely rising out of the ground. I thought the yuppie photos lining the sidewalks were funny.

Since some of the smaller units will sell in the $200's, I wonder how much they'll lease for.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:29 PM

103 posts, read 518,212 times
Hmmm... I wonder if I saw a different building then! I know it had an RBC logo!

Old 08-01-2007, 03:34 PM

1,808 posts, read 6,167,990 times
Downtown Raleigh for July 2007 - RaleighSkyline.com - Photography and Multimedia of Raleigh, North Carolina

There are some great pictures of the progress on many downtown construction projects on this Web site, including RBC and the new Marriott. Enjoy!

Old 08-01-2007, 04:42 PM

Thanks..

Looks like it will be a beautiful building..I hear only a few units left and at 350K + for a one bed..1000 sq ft!!!! Very expensive.. Do you think that part of town is worth that kind of money???.

PS.. Thanks for the link!!

Old 08-01-2007, 04:54 PM

920 posts, read 2,684,711 times
Here's a webcam:

RBC Plaza Webcam

Old 08-02-2007, 10:32 AM

271 posts, read 1,162,594 times
That part of town will be in a few short years, worth the money.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:41 PM

30 posts, read 118,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORIA.1 View Post
Thanks..

Looks like it will be a beautiful building..I hear only a few units left and at 350K + for a one bed..1000 sq ft!!!! Very expensive.. Do you think that part of town is worth that kind of money???.

PS.. Thanks for the link!!

absolutely!! no offense to folks in the burbs, but if you don't live, work, or play downtown it's hard to get a real appreciation of how much is growing on. i think there's something like $2 billion in development being invested through the next 3 years. The changes to the skyline are just a small aspect. We're going to see a significant increase in residential and cultural improvements (condos, restaurants, museums, etc.). After all this time, downtown Raleigh will finally get some responsible and efficient urban planning that any capital city should have. What makes it so great here is that it's among the best educated regions in the country, which should continue to fuel the economy and cultural additions. Exciting time to be here.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDuncan View Post
absolutely!! no offense to folks in the burbs, but if you don't live, work, or play downtown it's hard to get a real appreciation of how much is growing on. i think there's something like $2 billion in development being invested through the next 3 years. The changes to the skyline are just a small aspect. We're going to see a significant increase in residential and cultural improvements (condos, restaurants, museums, etc.). After all this time, downtown Raleigh will finally get some responsible and efficient urban planning that any capital city should have. What makes it so great here is that it's among the best educated regions in the country, which should continue to fuel the economy and cultural additions. Exciting time to be here.
Thanks guys... Suncat!! I am getting addicted to the web-cam...Great to hear about the increase in development...It sure is an exciting time to be there...Being from NY, there are area's in NYC I would not venture to walk around in.. lol... Hopefully the RBC will NOT be in one of those areas... Looks alittle quiet from the pics... But nice...T/Y!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary