Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 09:04 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
I totally agree about the new ones. Right on top of the street and likely a big reason only 3-4 have sold out of the proposed 34 to be built. It looks like construction has stopped, likely until they sell more of the first section. I also hate the 3 stories. Personally, I would hate to park my car in the garage, and then have to go up a flight of stairs to the main living area. Less than ideal. I have 3 stories but the 3rd floor is a large bonus room and office...and I NEVER go up there!

Yeah. We're in a 3-story now. I hate it.

Nice to have the space, but I'd prefer 2 floors with any attic or basement as "extras not vital to everyday living"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 01:45 PM

323 posts, read 634,004 times
I have now found 3 rentals in Stony Creek, and just have to check to make sure they didn't change the schools for this September. I'm coming from out of town so am a bit disconnected with the schooling. I usually just check the website for Wake County Schools and type in the address in the area that tells you what base schools you would have for a specific address.

The third floor situation is actually good for us because my 12 year old is dying for some private space for herself. This will be great for her.

NJJEEP: did you look into the area?

Old 05-07-2011, 09:54 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,090,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hat456 View Post
That would be great, thanks! Please do DM me, I'm a good candidate with great credit, etc...

Even if it doesn't end up being ideal for children in the longrun, etc... we would love to get a taste of this lifestyle while we find what will be perfect for us!

Thanks.
The nice part about renting a townhome there is that there are some really super neighborhoods nearby with the same school assignments--Wellsley and (I think) Berkley (sp?) are walkable, and Carpenter VIllage is very close, too. It's really a win-win, and there's a toy store there for the kids to walk to

Old 05-07-2011, 11:35 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times
I don't think they are changing schools for next year. Most of the kids who are being switched are those that are being bused and they are being sent to schools closer to home.

Old 05-07-2011, 04:33 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,090,427 times
They ARE changing schools for some of that area--depending on where you do elementary. Some of the nodes used to go to E. Cary Middle and Panther Creek High, now they're going to Davis Drive and Green Hope. Not a bad change, but it is a change. And it's important to note that after this year there will be more change.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:56 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,541,875 times
We love that shopping center. Great mix of restaurants and most still offer coupons. If you want to live there, would definitely try to find one of the Centex ones, as others have stated, the new ones are part of the retail space. One thing, if you were looking at a townhouse to save money (as opposed to just reduced lawn maintenance), the Centex townhomes were on the higher end approaching the price of single family homes.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:35 AM

Just got back from visiting. We LOVED Stone Creek Village. Yes, the prices seem the same as a single family home, but right now I can't be bothered with taking care of anything outside, at all. Totally need a brake from the suburban thing. My kids are really excited to walk to the store, etc... and the schools are close by. This is exactly what we wanted, a small, "urban" environment where we can walk places and where we don't have a huge yard to take care of!

Thanks for all of the comments!

Old 05-24-2011, 10:58 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,423,346 times
Quote:
Just got back from visiting. We LOVED Stone Creek Village. Yes, the prices seem the same as a single family home, but right now I can't be bothered with taking care of anything outside, at all. Totally need a brake from the suburban thing. My kids are really excited to walk to the store, etc... and the schools are close by. This is exactly what we wanted, a small, "urban" environment where we can walk places and where we don't have a huge yard to take care of!

Thanks for all of the comments!
Glad you liked it! Looks like we may be neighbors.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:22 PM

ljd1010: Yes, we may be! I'm getting ready to move down in a couple of weeks. We will visit the schools with the kids, and get them situated. Maybe get them into a summer program, if there's time. Does anyone know where the nearest Trader Joe's is??

Old 05-31-2011, 02:02 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
ljd1010: Yes, we may be! I'm getting ready to move down in a couple of weeks. We will visit the schools with the kids, and get them situated. Maybe get them into a summer program, if there's time. Does anyone know where the nearest Trader Joe's is??
Kildaire Farm Road and Cary Parkway. Not too far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary