Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 08:46 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,581,720 times

Advertisements

It's sad a man gets sent to prison for the rest of his life based on the evidence of hearsay while a different man only gets 3 years for murder even though there are prior convictions of DUI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 08:54 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
Many people have been acquitted with much more definitive evidence. I think a lot of people just didn't like Mr. Cooper and how he behaved around the time of Nancy's murder and after her body was found.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:11 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,809,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankpc View Post
I've learned not to trust the media and the so called smart people ... so I watched the video streams of the trial in the evenings.

This verdict troubles me.

Frank
Me too, Frank.

I sometimes wondered what trial the reporters were watching.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:53 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,098,208 times
The verdict troubles you. Are you serious?

I guess OJ was innocent, too, huh?

The man went shopping for bleach and scrubbed the house, which he doesn't ever do. That's typical behavior for any man with a missing wife, right?

I was going to put up a CD poll two days ago on CD about Cooper's innocence or guilt, but I thought his guilt was too obvious.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:57 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,773,458 times
You should need more than shopping for bleach and a google map search (that was tampered with, although the jury was not allowed to here that) to put away for life. I don't see how anyone could here the evidence and think the case was proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

I don't see a lot of people saying BC didn't do it, but the case was a bunch of hearsay. It is very troubling.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:00 AM

892 posts, read 3,161,897 times
Either way, we must accept/respect the decision of the jury.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:13 AM

748 posts, read 1,376,312 times
There has to be more to it and unless we are there through the entire trial, we may never know.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:17 AM

5,888 posts, read 6,958,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by playnice View Post
Either way, we must accept/respect the decision of the jury.
For now. Wait for the appeals to be filed and heard.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:50 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,604,601 times
I have no idea whether the guy is guilty or innocent, but based on the heresay and "evidence" that I read about in the N&O that was presented during the trial, I don't see how anyone could convict him beyond a shadow of a doubt. As someone earlier said, there must be something more to it than we were allowed to see. I'd hate to send a person to jail for the rest of their life just because they were the most probable culprit.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:02 PM

90 posts, read 219,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
The verdict troubles you. Are you serious?

I guess OJ was innocent, too, huh?

The man went shopping for bleach and scrubbed the house, which he doesn't ever do. That's typical behavior for any man with a missing wife, right?

I was going to put up a CD poll two days ago on CD about Cooper's innocence or guilt, but I thought his guilt was too obvious.
No, he did not.

The trial evidence showed he bought Tide laundry detergent. Also, he did not scrub the house.

This verdict is very troubling. There is no irrefutable evidence tying him to the crime. The evidence does not support the prosecution's claim of when she died.

The autopsy report clearly contradicts the time of death purported by the prosecution. The stomach was effectively empty and her blood alcohol content was very low. It was testified that NC had 4 glasses of wine, 2 beers, a full meal and some cake in the immediate hours before returning home. The prosecution claims she must have vomited contents (no proof) and offered no explanation on low BAC. A BAC that is consistent with decay. She also had caffeine in her system. The party host testified there was no caffeinated food/drinks at the party.

BC testified she drank coffee before jogging. Consistent with autopsy report.

There were 16 witnesses who claim to have seen her (or someone of her description) that morning. One or two being police officers. A woman claimed to have a brief exchange with Nancy. No other jogger has come forward to claim to be the person jogging that morning.

Her 4 year old daughter claimed to have seen her mother the morning she went missing.

Her Blackberry was erased by LEO. No backup information was requested from service provider. The service provider keeps phone and text message for 6 months before deleting. Why did LEO fail to request calls and texts from service provider?

The straw bit that was "discovered" in the hallway days after her death was not reported to be there earlier. Many people who had been at the crime scene also entered the Cooper home. Export could not say for certainty if straw was from the crime scene. Straw is everywhere in Cary.

The "phantom" call was refuted. The call lasted too long to be a staged call. Cisco expert testified to this. BC also didn't have proper equipment at home to support missing Cisco router. Cisco had no record on their server of such a call.

Tire tracks, cigarette butt, and footprints at scene not tested. Tire tracks did not match Cooper's cars.

Google maps. He googled his zip code. There is no absolute evidence he zoomed in on Fielding Dr. LEO testified that maps are different now than 3 years ago. Why not print them out 3 years ago while building case? He only viewed this site for 40 seconds or so. LEO testified "It APPEARS he zoomed in on Fielding Dr." Appears???!

Tampering. LEO claimed laptop battery was removed when stored. Why were there auto updates on a laptop that was not plugged in or battery supplied during storage time frame? The defense had two experts willing to testify that there was tampering. Judge disallowed witnesses.

Multiple reports of strange van in area. One man reported seeing a van slowly following who he thought to be NC.

NC told a realtor she would be coming into a large sum of money soon. From where?

The hard evidence provided (autopsy) supported the defenses claim that NC was alive and went jogging around 7am.

Other suspects. Lots. Odd behavior by Jessica Adams. Odd behavior by possible "baby Daddy" J. Pearson.

Whether or not BC killed NC, I do not know. But it certainly seems as though the evidence does not support the prosecution's claims. There is more than enough reasonable doubt in this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary